Thread: Medal of Honor Breakthrough crashes,please help!

Medal of Honor Breakthrough crashes,please help!

sup gamers, I am an avid fan of the medal of honor series. I recently bought medal of honor with the spearhead and breakthrough expansions. I installed them without any problems. Well i have been trying to play the game without much success. When i start the game, it gets me to a point where it's about to begin loading the game. Then it basically just kicks me out of the game with the following message, WARNING: Medal of Honor requires a video card with multitexturing capability. My system configuration is as follows, i am running Windowx XP, i have a p4 2.8GHz with an MSI motherboard. I have 512 RAM and a Nvidia FX5200 video card. I have 380GB total hard drive space. I know for sure that these games will run on the fx5200 card so i do not understand what the problem is exactly, please advice.

Re: Medal of Honor Breakthrough crashes,please help!

Well there are plenty of things that can be done to solve the issue in my opinion. Make sure that in your Nividia control panel that the "Extension Limit" is set to ON. Also double check whether it is ON in the Nvidia profile for the medal of honor games. Also disable the extension limit in global profiles. Also make sure that you have up to date drivers of your graphic card. In such cases most of the times it is the drivers that are the hidden culprits. So before you decide to do anything drastic, update the video and graphic drivers first.

Try and adjust your screen resolution. In the display properties,select advanced, then go to the Monitor tab. If it is not already set to the lowest setting, reduce it and try lowering the refresh rate of the monitor. Also see if your drivers are up to date. This issue could also be due to the incompatibility of the exe files. When i faced a similar issues with the game working inconsistently, it were the Nvidia drivers. I had 78.01 drivers, but i updated them to a higher version and it worked perfectly like a charm. Hope this helps, cheers.

Well this is a known issue in my opinion. Download a file called as nhancer 2.0. It requires the .net framework, version 2 by Microsoft. Install it. Once it is done, launch it. Select the medal of honor profile and on the compatibility tab set the extension limit to 11A8. If this doesn't work then delete all the exe's in the exe list and then re-add all of them. This seems to be a problem when the driver isn't activating the profiles properly. Also make sure you are using driver version 92.91 or above since the lower versions were setting off the problem for most of those who were facing this issue.

This seems like a compatibility issue with the exe files as has been mentioned before. Open the medal of honor installation folder. Rename the Mohaa.exe file to Mohaa.bak. Rename the moh_breakthrough.exe or moh_spearhead.exe file to tomohaa.exe. If you want to go back to playing allied assault, then you will need to restore the names of the executable files to your original status and replace any backup files or replacement files that you may have created. The drivers are also the keyword here, you should make sure first that those are properly updated before indulging in what i suggested above. Much easier that way in my opinion. Best of luck.

Well i faced this issue and had a bit of a different solution. I uninstalled the latest version of nhancer that i was using and installed the older 1.1 version. Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and then restarted the machine. Then installed the latest drivers from the Nvidia website. Finally went through nhancer and recreated a new profile for medal of honor. Then i set the extension limit to 11A8. Now it is working for me well, loading the maps and stuff which is very far than what i was getting at earlier. Hope this helps you solve the issue once and for all, revert back if it doesn't work.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever