Thread: Counter strike 1.6 problem on Windows 7

Counter strike 1.6 problem on Windows 7

Hey guys i am running a machine with Windows 7 as the operating system. I am running the 64 bit version of the operating system. But i am having a problem with running counterstrike 1.6 on the system. I have installed it correctly i think with all the necessary settings. When i play online and enter a new server, my ms readings in Counterstrike 1.6 are very high. They go from 10-15 to 70-80. The packet loss not so much but even those go up after a while. I had Windows XP before this operating system and i had never faced this issue back then. I absolutely love windows 7 except for this one problem which i suspect is because of it possibly. My configuration is something like this,i have a Pentium D 2.8 GHz processor. Have a Nvidia 7800 GTX graphic card. I also have 2 GB DDR2 RAM on my system. My ping also increases as the ms count increases. Please help.

re: Counter strike 1.6 problem on Windows 7

Well the problem you are mentioning could have a variety of reasons for it. One of them could be you might have not installed certain drivers and are dependent on the native Windows 7 drivers for this. You need to update those drivers or install the new ones released currently. It is also possible that you have set rates on your system for cs 1.6 which are either very high or very low compared to the server rates you are trying to play on. If the game is the non steam version then try running it in non compatibility mode and see if it makes any difference. That had worked in my case so worth a try for you.

Well it could be a collections of things which might be causing this problem. While you are running CS 1.6, minimize it and open up the task manager. On the task manager, click on the processes tab and select hl.exe. Right click on it and select the affinity option. Now you need to un-check one of the core. For example when i experienced some lag in game i unchecked cpu 0. This had solved the problem for me. Remember to make sure no anti virus or firewalls are running in the background when playing the game. This could be messing up and eating a lot of resources which is causing the system to slow down which is reflected while playing in the server online possibly.

Well if you are running the non steam version like i was then you will have to take care of 2 issues at hand. The compatibility part and the patch that needs to be installed. Right click on hl.exe from program files where you have installed the game. Select the compatibility tab and and then select Windows XP. Select apply and then run the game. You should download the V28 patch as well and apply it. Those 2 things should help you run the game smoothly in my opinion.

What is causing the lag actually is the multimedia class scheduler service. You need to disable the service but be warned that sound is also dependent on this service. So run regedit. Then find " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Audiosrv\DependOnService ". Double click on it and remove multimedia class scheduler service from the list. Reboot the computer for the effects to take place. Also use some diagnostic tools to see what kind of load your system is taking while playing the game. It is possible your computer is getting stressed because of some update such or an application running the background which is using your network too. Also check your event viewer log for any reported conflicts mentioned in there. Hope this helps, good luck.

Check to see if you have the latest drivers for the graphic card. I have never faced such problems playing online but have seen others facing it and some of the solutions that worked for them. From your graphic card settings turn off the triple buffering. Vertical sync also should be forced to shut off. Turn off anisotropic filtering while you are at it. Make sure you turn off one core while playing the game by right clicking on it and selecting set affinity. Check the rates you have set on your computer, they should not conflict with those on the server you are trying to play. If nothing works also turning off schedules tasks by entering msconfig in run. Reboot and test the game and see what changes you observe.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Re: Counter strike 1.6 problem on Windows 7

I have The same proglem SSS

Quote Originally Posted by thedavitgermanidze View Post
    I have The same proglem SSS
    Could you please first of all tell us what is your full computer specifications? Have you updated your graphics driver to the latest version? What is the speed of your internet connection in terms of kbps/mbps? Do you get high pings while playing on local servers as well? High ping and lag are generally connection. If your frame rate is below 25 or so, then the lag and ping is caused by the pc.

ohmy Re: Counter strike 1.6 problem on Windows 7

Hey guys i am running a machine with Windows 7 as the operating system. I am running the 64 bit version of the operating system. But i am having a problem with running counterstrike 1.6 on the system. I have installed it correctly i think with all the necessary settings and When i try to play it shows a error message that:- "FATAL ERORR AVAILABLE MEMORY IS LESS THAN 15 MB"
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME... i have tried many cs but it shows the same...
    if any one can help me than send me email to arkadeep_deb@rediffmail.com
    i am using cs1.6 v7..

Hi arkadeep1,

Can you try to download this file and replace it with your default one in the main <GAMEDIR> where the HLDS.exe is located too and see if that solves your issue or not.

sad

SORRY BUT IT IS NOT DOWNLOADING..... IT SHOWS A MESSAGE THAT
    "Such file does not exist or it has been removed for infringement of copyrights."

I Have A Problem With My Hlds Server Creator......
    When I Create It It Gives A Ip Address 192.168.0.2:27015 Which Is Not Vaild.... So To Solve This Problem What I Have To Do Can Anyone Tell Me Plz!!!!!

I have win 7 and normally open cs 1.6, the problem is when I want to connect to the server or want to include a new lan game, and my computer freezes up, I have to turn off my cs through my task manager, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GaRDaS View Post
    I have win 7 and normally open cs 1.6, the problem is when I want to connect to the server or want to include a new lan game, and my computer freezes up, I have to turn off my cs through my task manager, what's the problem?
    Can you try to reinstall the counter strike game again on your windows 7 pc and check if that works for you or not. I assume whenever you need to make a local host you need to a good amount of free ram or memory to run the game properly. If you are low on this all things then chances are there for the game to be crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    Can you try to reinstall the counter strike game again on your windows 7 pc and check if that works for you or not. I assume whenever you need to make a local host you need to a good amount of free ram or memory to run the game properly. If you are low on this all things then chances are there for the game to be crashing.
    I tried to reinstall but nothing :/ i have 1gb ram but i think that is not low for cs ?

Quote Originally Posted by GaRDaS View Post
    I tried to reinstall but nothing :/ i have 1gb ram but i think that is not low for cs ?
    Can you try to delete clientregistry.blob in the open steam folder, just to be safe. Likewise, delete steamclient.dll. Make sure you remember your password if you use autologin - it will demand you log back in once it automatically redownloads those files. Clientregistry.blob is the most notorious file in the steam folder for needing regular 'purges' to keep the rest of the program, and games within it, running smoothly.