Thread: Cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7

Cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7

Hello everyone, I have enjoyed playing the earlier versions of Call of Duty until the fourth version. I was using Windows XP SP2 operating system previously and it had no issue with any of the games . All the games ran fine without any problem. But, now I have upgraded my system to Windows 7 and have installed the fourth version of the game in it. The problem is that I cannot start cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7. The game installation had completed successfully, still the game is not starting. I cannot understand where the problem is. Please help me with this situation.

There must have been an installation error

I suppose that Call of Duty 4 runs fine in Windows 7. There must have been an installation error because of which you cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7. Installation errors occur when you run some other applications along with the installation process. This is so because the system becomes overloaded with the installation process as well as with the additional applications running along with them. To remove this error, you will have to uninstall the game and then, restart the system. Now, reinstall the game and do not run any other applications in the background. Thus, you problem will be hopefully solved.

Call of Duty 4 may not be compatible with Windows 7

You cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7 because Call of Duty 4 may not be compatible with Windows 7. There are many such incompatible programs in Windows 7. This is because the Windows 7 platform may not be supporting the game coding language. I suggest you to use the hardware and software evaluation tool to check for the incompatible programs in your system, so that you will be able to search for alternatives and complements available. But, I guess that there is nothing you can do to start the game in Windows 7.

Use 2 operating systems

The problem that you cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7 may be since the operating system is not compatible with the game. To avoid such types of compatibility issue, use 2 operating systems. For this purpose you have to install the other operating system in another drive in the computer. Now, when you start the computer, you will get a screen called Windows Boot Manager from where you can start the operating system that you like. So, the program or game that does not run in one operating system can be run in the other operating system.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

System requirements for Call of Duty 4

I suppose that Windows 7 is utilizing a lot of graphics because of which you cannot start Call of Duty 4 in Windows 7. This is because this operating system has a lot of built-in applications running when you boot into it. Here are the system requirements for Call of Duty 4, so that you may get an idea why the game is not starting:
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
    • CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better.
    • RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista).
    • HARD DISK: 8GB of free hard disk space.
    • VIDEO CARD(GENERIC): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better.

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
    • CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better.
    • RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista.
    • HARD DISK: 8GB of free hard drive space
    • VIDEO CARD: 3.0 Shader Support, Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better.

Do not install Windows 7

There are many problems in Windows 7 and incompatible games and softwares are some of the problems. That is why I suggest everyone to not install Windows 7 because of the following reasons:
    1. There is a very less difference as compared to Windows Vista.
    2. Windows 7 is very costly.
    3. There are no problems with XP and Vista, then why upgrade to Windows 7.
    4. The same old insecure infrastructure is used to build Windows 7.
    5. Inorder to upgrade from Windows XP, you need to have a clean install.
    6. There are many incompatible programs in Windows 7.
    7. Windows behaves as a closed system.