Thread: Error: The data is corrupted ( 80029209 )

Error: The data is corrupted ( 80029209 )

I am very big fan and crazy for COD(Call Of Duty). I play it the whole day, just mad behind it. Recently i was playing the COD5 World At War and when i switched/loaded to multi-player mode, then online a message appeared telling that SAVE- The data is corrupted (80029209).
    What type of this error is? what does this mean? and how do fix this problem?

Re: Error: The data is corrupted ( 80029209 )

I am also big crazy man for Call of Duty 5 World At War. I am also playing this game daily. Few months back i also got same error and one of my friend told me that this message tells the file that you are using/ trying to open a file which is been damaged. And you won't be able to read this file again. So try reinstall the game COD WaW and this problem will be fix.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also facing this error code. But game i am playing is different from yours. I am crazy for Counter Strike. I use to play 1.6 version and recently i wanted to switch to Condition Zero. So, downloaded the that version. It was not the register version, but lately i got the patch to make it register version. And after installing that patch when started to play the got the error: "Data Corrupted( 80029209 )". What is the reason behind this error, please help me out.

Don't get upset dear and don't worry it will not delete any of your maps or accounts o Call of duty 5 World At War. But for precaution will tell you or advise you to open My Documents and save your accounts and maps onto another safe place and reinstall the COD5 WaW, because i think maybe one of important installation file of game is been damaged. So after reinstalling game, copy back your accounts and maps and your problem will be solved.

I think that the problem is your data on the Call of Duty5:World At War maybe corrupted due to which it can not load properly, thus the error the data is corrupted (80029209) appears. To fix this problem and it permits you to play the game again, you need to remove your game data, and then re-install the game and after completing this re-download any map packs that you have downloaded. In this all you also may have to delete saved data, so backup your data so when you delete the data you can successfully restore data. Your trophies earn will not be affected, so don't worry you will not lose them. Hope this all can solve your problem and you get happy.

I also love this game alot and also faced the same problem. But for now i got it fixed!!!!. Firstly remove/delete the game data and not the one which game saves or any offline profiles. Mark my words not the data that game saves OK. And now update your game and system fully. I had done all this work and my corrupted data worked again, make sure that you have back up of the offline profile and the game saves data. And yes delete all the MW2 stuff/things and then update it once again. After doing all this, i think your problem will be fix.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"