Thread: runaway a twist of fate error message "The native display mode of this game is not supported by graphics card"

runaway a twist of fate error message "The native display mode of this game is not supported by graphics card"

Hi, I have a decent configuration to run this game Runaway: A twist of fate on my pc. But as soon as I start it I get an error message "The native display mode of this game is not supported by graphics card." I updated this game to patch version 1.05 but still it will not work. I think it is a resolution problem and I did try to change it but still it wont work. Can anyone help me out please. I have a Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed on my pc and an ATI Radeon™ X800 XT PLATINUM EDITION graphic card. Thank you
    "Freely you have received, freely give." -- Jesus Christ

Re: runaway a twist of fate error message "The native display mode of this game is not supported by graphics card"

I think that Pendulo Studios is already aware of this problem with the aTI series graphic card that you have. They are obviously trying to rectify the issue and soon a solution will be made availble for ATI X800 series graphics cards since the 1.05 game version.

Re: runaway a twist of fate error message "The native display mode of this game is not supported by graphics card"

Can you please tell us what is your screen resolution set to? If it is too high then try to set it to low resolution, ie; from 1600 x 2024 to 1024 x 768 or even lower if possible. You can also try to set your Screen refresh rate to midrange like 60 to 70 hertz. You can find the refresh rates at - Display properties–> Advanced–> Monitor. Hope that helps.

It sounds like you have a Bios problem, so make sure that the correct slot PCI or AGP is selected. You can also try to test the monitor on another computer, so that you can make out whether its your monitor problem or not. It could be also a blown up video card or a chip perhaps. Try to investigate all methods and then reply back.

I would sugges that uninstall the game and reinstall it again without the patch, and see if that works. If not then try updating it with the patch. Download Runaway: A Twist Of Fate Patch v1.05. I think that this problem only occurs with ATI graphic cards series X1300 and higher, RADEON HD and so on. These graphic controllers are not able to display some large textures that the game uses. You can try to test the game with some other card and you will definately end with good results.