Thread: Error RNM 40 in GTA4

Error RNM 40 in GTA4

Okay now only I know how much problems I had to face to get this GTA4 PC edition game. And i finally tried to install it on my computer. But just don't know why it did not work. I completed the installation, and when i click on Play I get a error message saying Fatal Error RNM40. I removed the game and tried to reinstall it but still no go, same error message again. please help me. What should i do.

Check the compatibility mode and install SP3

As you said that you get this RNM40 error this indicates that there is some issue with compatibility mode of the game. To do that right click on the game icon and then click on properties and then check the compatibility option, change it to win 2000. Also try to install the Service Pack 3 for Win XP. It is possible that this error may get resolved by updating a SP3 patch.

Update Graphic Card Drivers

There is a possibility that even after changing the compatibility mode and installing Service Pack 3 GTA4 may not work and give the same error. So then try to update the driver for your graphic card. Even if it is up to date then to just update it once again this might also solve the issue. And it is happening mostly in case of Nvidia Graphic Cards. So a normal driver update will also solve the problem.

Finally resolved

Finally the problem was resolved. I was getting this error RNM40 and i tried each and every step but nothing worked. I changed the compatibility settings I also installed SP3 but that also did not worked. I finally updated my drivers and that clicked. And now I am able to run GTA4 without any kind of error. Thanks alot guys for your help. Hope everyone is benefited with this posts and no one get this error message because it is really very frustrating. Thanks once again.