Thread: LOTRO client hangs

LOTRO client hangs

I have downloaded the The Lord of the Rings Online Client, but lotroclient.exe hangs on launch I have Windows 7 ultimate edition. It was working fine on Windows XP, but it seems its nor more compatible with windows 7, is it so? I have updated all my drives, downloaded the latest driver for my 7600GT and have installed it. I face no issues while playing other games like Commander 3, Call of Juarez 2 etc. All other games works fine except LOTRO, systems hangs and i had to restart it with power button. Please help and and share your knowledge. Thanks.

Re: LOTRO client hangs

Windows 7 32bit or 64 bit? If you are still using windows 7 beta then its time to upgrade it because beta having lot of errors which is sorted out in rc and final releases. Have you patched to latest Mines of Moria if so then this might be the cause its not working, uninstall the client and download the it again and patch it again. If possible then downgrade to vista or XP as these are most stable version of windows for gaming.

Are you playing lotro with AMD processor? Because i was also having crash issues of LITRO on my AMD pc but as i have switch to intel pc, everything is back to normal now. LOTRO is heavily graphics-intensive game, as its minimum requirements are 128Mb but as you running Windows 7, which it self highly visual resources required operating system you must have graphics card of 256 Mb for its smooth functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil6 View Post
    Are you playing lotro with AMD processor? Because i was also having crash issues of LITRO on my AMD pc but as i have switch to intel pc, everything is back to normal now. LOTRO is heavily graphics-intensive game, as its minimum requirements are 128Mb but as you running Windows 7, which it self highly visual resources required operating system you must have graphics card of 256 Mb for its smooth functioning.
    Thanks for you suggestion, as i said in my first post i have 7600GT that also of 256Mb. So i don't think so its the graphics requirement issue. And i don't have AMD processor, i have intel p4 3.06 GHz. I don't think so i have less compatible hardware for this game. Any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by a13xndr View Post
    Thanks for you suggestion, as i said in my first post i have 7600GT that also of 256Mb. So i don't think so its the graphics requirement issue. And i don't have AMD processor, i have intel p4 3.06 GHz. I don't think so i have less compatible hardware for this game. Any more ideas?
    Might be your LOTRO client installations corrupted and you need to reinstall it now. Download the latest version of client, first uninstall the previous setup and do a installation from scratch, you should be able to play it, if not then think for Windows 7 replacement.

Just for confirmation here are the minimum system requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

O.S.: Windows XP
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent
    RAM: 512MB
    Video: 64MB NVIDIA GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500
    Disk Space: 7GB available
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
    Optical Drive: 2X DVD ROM
    Connection: 56kbps Modem

Recommended System Requirements