Thread: Warcraft 3 lags in Windows 7 RTM

Warcraft 3 lags in Windows 7 RTM

I have upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 RTM. I mostly use my computer for playing games. I had installed Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne on my Windows Vista. I was able to play the game without any errors. But after I have upgraded my system to Windows 7, the game lags. What can be the reason for it? I am using nVidia geForce 8800 GT video card.

Re-install Warcraft

I would prefer you to re-install the game. This can happen if some time the game is not properly installed. This can be due to some process that interfered in between while installing the game or the disk drive was opened in between which interrupted the installation of the game. In any condition I would prefer you to re-install the game and make sure that it completes successful installation.

Windows 7 Repair/Reinstall

It can be due to some files of Windows 7 operating system required by the game Warcraft III are missing. In such scenario it is advisable to repair your current copy of Windows. Use the Windows 7 installation disc and repair your current copy of Windows. When you insert the disc and start the installation process select Repair Windows. If it still not works, then reinstall Windows 7 RTM.

System Requirements for Warcraft

Following are the system requirements for Warcraft 3 on Windows platform:
    • Processor - 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent.
    • Graphic card - 8 MB 3D graphic card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX® 8.1 support.
    • Memory - 128 MB of RAM.
    • Hard drive space- 700 MB HD space.
    • CD/DVD Drive - 4X CD-ROM drive.

Verify the above system requirements with your system specifications to check if any requirement is not matched.

Graphic card connection

Verify your graphic card connectivity with your motherboard. It can be that the graphic card is not properly fixed. I would prefer you to open the computer's cabinet and unplug the graphic card carefully without bending it. Clean the socket of any dust. Fix the graphic card back in its socket making sure that it is not loose. Check if the game still lags. If it does then install some equivalent graphic requirement game and see if that game also lags. If it does then your graphic card is faulty.

Installation CD and RAM

This happened with me when I installed Assassin's Creed II on my computer. The used to lag while I started gaming in it although the introduction screen would run at normal pace. I reinstalled the game three to four times but that did not helped me. I finally thought of installing the game on another machine and this happened on the other machine as well indicating me that the installation CD was not proper. I got it replaced. So I suggest you to check your Warcraft 3 installation CD as well as your RAM - whether it is properly inserted in its place or not.