Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA San Andreas not loading in Windows 7

GTA San Andreas not loading in Windows 7

I have played the earlier versions of "GRAND THEFT AUTO" and was very impressed by the game and their stories. So, I am very curious to play GRAND THEFT AUTO-SAN ANDREAS. I had installed the same in Windows Vista and it was working fine in it. But, recently I have upgraded my system to Windows 7 Ultimate. The installation of the game was completed successfully without any problem. So, basically GTA San Andreas is not loading in Windows 7. I need suitable suggestions to eradicate this problem.

Run GTA San Andreas in compatibility mode

Try to run GTA San Andreas in compatibility mode if GTA San Andreas not loading in Windows 7. The following has to be done to run the game in compatibility mode:
    • On the icon of GTA San Andreas, right-click and then, select Properties.
    • There, you will get an option called as Compatibility.
    • In compatibility, put a check in the box that says: Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Now, select Windows Vista SP 1 OR Windows XP SP 3
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Run as Administrator

GTA San Andreas is not loading in Windows 7 means that you do have the required rights to run the game. I can assure you this because you have mentioned that the game was working perfectly in the previous operating system which you were using, that is Windows Vista. Inorder to get rid of this problem, you will have to start this game in administrator mode. For this, right click on the shortcut of the game and select "Run as Administrator" option. Your problem might be hopefully solved.

It is a compatibility problem

I guess that GTA San Andreas is not loading in Windows 7 could be a compatibility problem. There are many games, softwares, applications, programs, etc. that work well on Windows XP and Windows Vista, but have problems running on Windows 7. This game may be one of them that has a compatibility issue with the operating system. If you need to know about the incompatible programs in Windows 7, run the Hardware and Software Evaluation tool.

Windows 7 may be utilizing a lot of graphics memory

Windows 7 may be utilizing a lot of graphics memory because of which GTA San Andreas may not be loading in Windows 7. As you computer may not have the required configuration to run Windows 7 as well as GTA San Andreas at the same time, that is why the game may not be loading. I suggest you to lower the graphics of the game to its lowest. This will help loading the game, but you may not enjoy playing it in such a low graphic quality. To play the game in a good graphic quality, you wil have to upgrade your system components. This is the only way you can solve your problem.

Some installation problem must have taken place

Some installation problem must have taken place because of which GTA San Andreas is not loading in Windows 7. Such problems occur when the applications or games are installed with other programs running in the background. That is why it is always advisable to install anything in your system by exiting all the applications. So, if you have to run that game, then you first have to uninstall the game, after that reboot your system. Now, reinstall GTA San Andreas keeping in mind that no applications run in the background of the installation. Try to run the game and hopefully the problem will be solved.

Re: GTA San Andreas not loading in Windows 7

No matter what I do I can't run san andreas on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I try to run it, and the disc icon comes up, but it does nothing. I tried running it in compatibility mode, but it didn't work. I tried installing the patch everyone says to install but no improvement. Maybe I need to get Xp?

No matter what I do I can't run san andreas on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I try to run it, and the disc icon comes up, but it does nothing. I tried running it in compatibility mode, but it didn't work. I tried installing the patch everyone says to install but no improvement. Maybe I need to get Xp?

There are some solutions I have for you. Just try to lowering all graphics to its lowest. If it’s not solve your problem than Try to delete gta_sa.set file below your GTA San Andreas User Files. Next solution is: Update graphics driver. If all this solutions are not useful for you than, you just use Uniblue driver scanner.

There are some solutions I have for you. Just try to lowering all graphics to its lowest. If it’s not solve your problem than Try to delete gta_sa.set file below your GTA San Andreas User Files. Next solution is: Update graphics driver. If all this solutions are not useful for you than, you just use Uniblue driver scanner.

I also had tried a lot of different suggestions and seen this one at the bottom of the page and maybe no one replied.... Because it works?

I didn't delete gta_sa.set I renamed it to gta_sa.set.old and tried to launch the game and VIOLA. The intro didn't play but I waited patiently and eagerly and now I can play that b1tc|-| on my new computer.

Thanks for all your help. This is what makes google searches the best source of info.

Re: GTA San Andreas has not working in windows 7

GTA San Andreas in windows 7 don't open. I mean I like double-click the GTA SA icon on my desktop it won't do nothing but the waiting symbol on my mouse will show for like 5 seconds then it will disappear but don't open the GTA San Andreas game

Re: GTA San Andreas has not working in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Faize View Post
    GTA San Andreas in windows 7 don't open. I mean I like double-click the GTA SA icon on my desktop it won't do nothing but the waiting symbol on my mouse will show for like 5 seconds then it will disappear but don't open the GTA San Andreas game
    Alright, can you please tell us what is the specifications of your computer? Have you installed any graphics card in your system? Does your computer specifications meets up with the minimum requirements of the game? Please let us know all this things in proper details so that we would be able to give you proper solution for same.

OK I'll tell you hole specification on my computer.
    Model: Windows 7 Extreme Edition R1 PC.
    Rating: 1.0 Windows Experience Index.
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz.
    Installed Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB.
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System.
    Display Adapter: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

I have no any graphics card installed in my system. Display adapter is built-en in my system. I play this game GTA San Andreas in previous window XP. but don't play in new window7. yes I've requirement I play this game.

Hi Faize,

I dont think you may be able to play GTA San Andreas on an onboard graphics that is inbuilt on your motherboard, you need to have a video card to play this game. Check the GTA San Andreas System Requirements below:
    1. Intel Pentuim 4 or AMD XP Processor (or better)
    2. 384MB RAM
    3. 16x Speed DVD Drive
    4. 4.7GB Hard Drive Space
    5. 128MB Video Card
    6. DirectX 9 compatible sound & video drivers

amin1936 Guest

idea Re: GTA San Andreas not loading in Windows 7

problem solved using 'IOBIT game booster 3.3(FREEWARE)' >download it> install it> start it> and start gta-sa from its game box>NOTE: if gta-sa does not start then try once again, sometimes it starts on 2nd try.
    Last edited by Sooraj; 12-03-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: removed the link

No Mario2, even I have the same configuration and I can play GTA SA on the onboard graphics. It's just 64mb of vram. I don't see any problem playing the game with out graphics card.

But, I do agree with you that, the game clarity will looks odd. However, the game is playable!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast