Thread: Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP

Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP

My computer is loaded with Windows XP operating system with 2GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I had played the first three versions of Prince of Persia and found it very interesting. Now, I am very curious to play its fourth version and to know what story it has. So, I downloaded it from the web. But, Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP. I cannot understand if the problem is in the game or whether my computer is not supporting its configuration needs. Please help me with this issue.

System configuration is very less

Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP in your computer because your system configuration is very less as compared to that which is required for the game to work smoothly. Inorder to play the game without any problem, you need a RAM of 3 GB and a graphic memory of 1 GB. Upgrade your system and surely the game will start and it will run without any problems in your system even with Windows XP operating system.

There must have been some problem during the download

You said that you have downloaded POP 4 from some site on the internet. There must have been some problem during the download because of which the setup must have become corrupt. That is why Prince of Persia 4 may not be starting in Windows XP. I suggest you to download the setup of Prince of Persia 4 and then, install it again. Hopefully it might solve your problem.

Problem during installation must have occurred

A problem during installation must have occurred because of which Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP. Such problems occur when you do the installation with some applications working in the background. That is why it is always required that all the installations be done by exiting all the other applications. I recommend you to uninstall the game and then, reboot your computer. After that, reinstall POP 4. This time the game should run without any problem.

System requirements for POP 4

If the Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP, here are the system requirements for POP 4:
    • Operating system: Windows XP / Windows Vista
    • Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D/AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / better is suggested)
    • RAM: 1 GB for Windows XP/2 GB for Windows Vista
    • Video card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0 compliant video card / DirectX 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 / higher
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

POP 4 is not compatible with Windows XP

I myself am using Windows XP in my desktop with a similar type of configuration. In my system too, Prince of Persia 4 does not start in Windows XP. I think that POP 4 is not compatible with Windows XP. I guess that the other system requirements are perfect. I will upgrade my system and check whether the game runs on Windows Vista or not. If it doesnt, then may be there is some kind of error in the setup. I recommend you to do the same.