Thread: Need for speed: Underground 2 keeps crashing

unsure Need for speed: Underground 2 keeps crashing

Hey fellow gamers, i have a couple of issues with nfs underground 2 running on my Windows XP enabled desktop. It seems whenever i try to play it on LAN it keeps crashing. This happens either when i start the game, it goes through the initial stages of loading and then just comes out of the game mode as if something in the background closed it, basically crashing. Sometimes though when i create a server to play on LAN, it crashes as soon as i try to join the lobby. This happens each time without me being able to create a server to play. Basically every time i either try to play on LAN or the online mode, need for speed underground 2 crashes. I can't figure out why this is happening, please help.
    Last edited by Adene; 21-12-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Re: Need for speed: Underground 2 keeps crashing

To play on LAN you will need to make sure that you have the default gateway set to 1.1.1.1 or something that is common to all the computers you plan on engaging in a race with. I had the issue of not being able to play the game on LAN but after tweaking the gateway from the TCP/IP properties of my network connection i could just play fine on my local area network. It is usually used when the computer you are trying to engage with belongs to a different subnet. Internal gateways also do exist for local networks.

Need for speed underground 2 crashed on my desktop as well when i used to try and play in the LAN mode. I found out though that you can play it on LAN only if you have the patch that is used for it. You should download the patch Version 1.2. This patch was specifically released after people had issues playing online and on LAN. Also make sure you have the proper drivers for your graphic card when trying to run nfs underground 2. Sometimes lack of drivers can cause the game to crash as well. I had 256 RAM and i could run it a bit slowly but run it nevertheless on my computer.

Well make sure you have the necessary configuration to run the game first. It is possible your graphic drivers are outdated and hence the game is crashing. Make sure you have installed the underground 2 patch v1.2 which is needed to play the game on LAN. That patch coupled with the default gateway settings are important when trying to engage in a race with other computers on the LAN. Make sure that you download the right patch considering there were 2 patch's that were released for the game. Hope this helps you resolve your NFS Underground 2 crash issue.

I had this issue when i hadn't updated my graphic drivers. My game used to constantly crash no matter how many times i tried to play it. Whether it was the offline mode or the LAN mode, it didn't matter. Perhaps you are having the same issue with your computer. I hope you have a graphic card or sufficient RAM to run the game. Make sure you are not maxing it out in terms of resolution settings in the game. If your hardware can't handle it, the game will crash. Also you need to install the patch mentioned by everyone else above which is necessary to play on LAN without which need for speed underground 2 crashes.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Well the patch v1.2 is completely needed for you to play this particular game on LAN. Also i would suggest one more thing if you are have a dual core processor on your system. When you run the game, press ctrl+alt+delete and come out of the game. This will open up the task manager. Search and right click on the process called speed2.exe. This will open a number of options, select set affinity. In that you need to un-check one of the cores, either cpu0 or cpu1. This should also help in stopping the game from crashing in the middle of a race. Hope this helps,best of luck.