Thread: PS2 games can't get beyond loading screen

PS2 games can't get beyond loading screen

I had been running Windows Vista on my system. I currently own a ps2 and I am having a problem with it. Just few days back while carrying my ps2 upstairs, accidentally I had dropped it about 5 steps. I tried to checked whether if it would still boot, and it did. Now the problem is when i put in the game, everything shows up ok at first the ps2 logo shows up and then it will just sit there with a black screen and even if i leave it alone for an hour i will come back and it will still be at the black screen. So, can any one tell me that why does my PS2 games can't get beyond loading screen? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: PS2 games can't get beyond loading screen

It sounds more like a problem with the game more so than with the console or the memory card (though I never recommend third party). It all depends on what games you want to play. I would try cleaning the disc and making sure there are no scratches. Unfortunately, PSOne games were pretty easily scratched, so this very well could be the problem.

If the game won't start at all, check the PlayStation 2 to make sure it is functioning. If you have a PS2 already then keep it in case you want to play old games on that, then make your decision based on what games you wish to play and what games are exclusive to each console. Turn the PS2 off and remove the game. Check for any dirt inside the PS2.

Make sure it is plugged into a power outlet. Open the PS2 and put the game in. Well the PS3 has better graphics, more exclusives, better hardware, better customer support, less chance of the system failng (23% compared to XboXs' 56%). I think you should try to reset the PS2 after you've made sure the game is securely inside. If it still will not work, try a different game to make sure it is only "Guitar Hero 3" that won't work and not a problem with the PS2 itself.

Never wipe in a circular motion because this can damage the disc. If the game is severely scratched, it may not work at all. Unfortunately I think you may have damaged the lens and knocked it out of place. You can purchase a CD scratch repair kit to try on the disc, but this works best for smaller scratches.

Try the game again, and if it does not work at all, it is likely damaged beyond repair. The only thing you can do now is phone up Sony and try to get it repaired, with or without warranty.