Thread: Command and Conquer 3 problem on Windows 7

Command and Conquer 3 problem on Windows 7

Recently i had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 7, i'm not able to play games on my system. Now the problem is that when i try to play the game the sound is slightly messed up. It has a weird crackling or static sound. It is very annoying. I think its some kind of Command and Conquer 3 problem that i had been facing on my pc? It only happens while playing games on my pc. So, can any one tell me that how to resolve Command and Conquer 3 problem on Windows 7? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem. Thanks.

Re: Command and Conquer 3 problem on Windows 7

It seems Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars has a major issue with running as a standard user. Make sure that you have all of the latest driver updates for your video card. Symptoms include standard users not being able to run the application, with the system reporting that it does not have permissions.

I think there should be some issues with your Windows 7. For that you need to make sure you have the latest drivers and patches is really all you can do to fix it. In my experience this is due to the update application not setting the proper permissions on files after modifying them, it basically removes the users group from the CNC3.exe and other files.

You do not think you meet the requirements for the game. the minimum cpu is 2.2 ghz, and i think your video card may come up short. I think it may have something to do with your sound card, and the reason it doesn't do it during cutscenes is because the cutscene is an actual movie and really doesn't have anything to do with the game's code. You can check the status of your direct X by clicking the start menu and then go to the run command. Type dxdiag. This will allow you to check all of your hardware and make sure everything is working correctly with direct X.

Try right-clicking on the executable file and choosing "run as administrator". Then you need to check if your sound is doing any acceleration and try turning it off. After that go to Start --> Control Panel --> Sound and Audio devices --> Audio --> I think there should be an advanced tab here, click it, if not look around --> and acceleration (performance).

Command & Conquer 3 looks great and doesn’t require the latest and greatest in terms of GPU power. To resolve this issue navigate your way to the Electronic Arts folder. Right click on the Command & Conquer 3 folder and click Properties. That will open up the Properties window, you'll want to click on the Security tab and then click on the Advanced button. I think you should try to contact your manufacturer and try to obtain a new driver for that device. If you need help installing these drivers, please contact the manufacturer in question, as these drivers are not our products.