Thread: Best games for PlayStation 2

Best games for PlayStation 2

Just few days back i had bought a new Sony PlayStation 2 game box. I would like to know that which are the best games for PS2. I'm planning to have only the best games for my new PS2. I'm also planning to have PlayStation 2's library and need to select the best of the best games for my new PS2. So, can any one tell me that which are the best games for PS2? any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above topic. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Best games for PlayStation 2

The Sony Playstation 2 is held dear in the hearts of many, with one of the most expansive and high-quality libraries in the history of the medium. It is nearly impossible to pick the ten best PlayStation 2 games, as there are too many amazing games to choose from. I know some of your favorite PS2 games are not on this list, some of mine are missing too, but sacrifices were made in an attempt to cull the list down to 10. In an effort to be fair, I have tried to include a game from each genre.

When I think of a game that defines a system, I think of Final Fantasy X. Not only did it elevate one of the most loved RPG franchises to a whole new level, it sold the world on the PlayStation 2. Persona 4 is often hailed as the “last hurrah” of the Playstation 2, released two years into the life cycle of the system's successor. It says a lot, then, that it's still heralded as the best game of its genre to be released in several years. Final Fantasy X gave us better CG animation than the theaters at that time had, and an unforgettable gaming experience. Final Fantasy X is the one game all PS2 owners must have.

According to me the best games for PlayStation 2 are as follows:-

• Gran Turismo 3: A-spec
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • SSX 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    • Madden NFL 2005 (Collector's Edition)
    • Dance Dance Revolution: DDRMAX2
    • Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
    • God of War

As the market leader of its generation, it holds many of what some call the greatest games ever made. While the Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo GameCube languish as the companies behind those consoles rush to support newer endeavors, Sony has pledged support for the superpopular PS2 for years to come, even as the PlayStation 3 has been released alongside it.

• God of War II
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Okami
    • Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
    • Guitar Hero II
    • FIFA 07
    • Call of Duty 3