Thread: System crashes while playing computer games on Windows Xp

System crashes while playing computer games on Windows Xp

Recently i had bought a new system. On my new system i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. Now the problem is that when i try to play computer games on my new system, it crashes or locks up my whole system. I don't know but it only happen when i try to play computer games on my new system. So, can any body tell me that why does my new system crashes while playing computer games on Windows Xp? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: System crashes while playing computer games on Windows Xp

What happened was the BIOS didn't set the memory voltage correctly and their machine crashed with regularity. Your OS install. Specifically the motherboard chipset driver package you used. Some overlook these. The next suspect is the CPU heatsink and fan. Did you use any heatsink compound?

Another source of computer restarts may be the sound system. Try playing with the sound turned off to see if that makes a difference. Typically, random reboots are usually related to heat or weak power supply, crashing whle playing video/CPU intensive games can be either the same or video problems, quite often also related to heat. The video card has a chipset that gets plenty hot too. If it does npt have a small fan mounted, it might need one.

That power supply should be more than enough to handle it, but if you got a slightly defective unit then it would crap out under load. Try re-installing the game if possible and check the registry to make sure it's gone. Before you go swapping PSUs though uninstall your drivers and try a different version.

Also, when a computer is overloaded with running hardware, and has an inadequate power supply, this can contribute to errors and problems. I think the temp is too high and while you play games it will raise. Perhaps a component of your system has a "leak" that uses up all of the memory, and the operating system will almost always "hang" when it runs out of memory. While you are playing a game, look at the Windows Task Manager (or equivalent on other operating systems) to see if your memory consumption keeps growing. Did you also upgrade the cpu fan? Idle temp for Intel should be 40 to 45 C. Check heat transfer paste, fan, maybe the psu gets too hot and warms up the whole desktop?

If not your game crashes and possible to crash your computer. The fact that you computer has been freezing when playing games, might mean that your psu isn`t providing enough power for your system. When it come in gaming. you really need to have a video card for fast gaming experiences. You will need to diagnose which hardware is faulty. All the games really needs those for 2d and 3d effects. For that you need to turn off the "restart on system error" checkbox in Control panel-->system-->advanced-->startup and recovery.