Thread: Counter strike non steam server

Counter strike non steam server

Hello Friends,

I had been running Windows Vista as my operating system. I would like to know that where can i find a list of servers for counter strike non steam? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Counter strike non steam server

Counter strike is a 5 on 5 team game. You need to have at least 6+ players on each team for alternating purposes and we expect good sportsmanship. You need to run HLDS setup (in a very basic way) in order to run a dedicated server for Counter-Strike. Setting-up a Counter-Strike server is very similar to setting-up a Half-Life server.

I think CS 1.6 came out without steam. According to me you can try out MafiaGamerz website. They have 2 awesome counter strike non steam servers with them. The original version was a 3rd-party Half-Life modification, but since then it has grown into a commercial mod and later advertised as a separate game in itself.

However if i'm not mistaken to clear up a few things, non-steam servers are cracked servers that cracked clients can connect to. There are some different parameters in the configuration files, and a command-line parameter that must be used when launching HLDS to tell it to host a Counter-Strike game instead of a Half-Life game.

The server is located in New York, Brooklyn. Is a PaintBall Server.Files that you should keep backup copies of include: c:\hlserver\cstrike\autoexec.cfg, c:\hlserver\cstrike\server.cfg, c:\hlserver\cstrike\game.cfg, c:\hlserver\cstrike\mapcycle.txt and c:\hlserver\cstrike\motd.txt.