Thread: Unable to launch Sims 3

Unable to launch Sims 3

I am having problem with the launching of Sims 3. I have bought a new copy of Sims 3 and installed it on my personal computer. After installing with no errors it asked for patches and updates. Then I attempted to launch the game but it does not physically launch up. When I checked the process list by opening the task manager it showed me that “TS3.exe” is active in the list. I have no idea what is going on.

Re: Unable to launch Sims 3

I think you are not having the exact configuration required for the game. For running this game on Windows XP service pack 2 is required and for running on Windows vista Service pack1 is required or Windows 7. Central processing unit configuration must be Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent, 2.0 giga hertz for windows xp and 2.4 giga hertz for Windows vista. 1 giga bytes of random access memory are required for XP and 1.5 giga bytes of memory are required for windows vista.

If you are running on Macintosh then you require Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard, Intel Core Duo Processor, random access memory of 2 giga bytes or more then that. Graphic card are required ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300 GT with 128 MB RAM or Intel Integrated GMA X3100. The most important point it require 6.1 giga byte of free space and one giga byte for additional content so total of 7.1 giga byte of free space is required for running this game smoothly.

Check out for the resource.cfg file in your program files> electronic arts folder, because you need this package files for the game to work properly. Then move your “mods” folder out and see that remains the same or now if the error remains then leave the mod folder and delete four.cache files in you’re My Document>electronic arts>in the sims 3 folder. Then try to run the game and hope for the best.

If you have the configuration required for the sims 3 game to run then check for the driver of the graphic card, for downloading updated derives visit the graphic card company site. If that does not solve your problem then check whether you have DirectX 9.0c compatible card with 128 MB of RAM, and also check for the Pixel Shader 2.0.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever