Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Please help me select a Linux FPS game

Video Games

Old 16-12-2009

Please help me select a Linux FPS game

Alright guys i recently had installed a Linux operating system on my little brothers computer,Ubuntu to be precise.Now i have come across many games so i wish for some recommendations on which one to install or buy for him.I do not have the time to read the reviews and weigh the pros and cons for the games.The games i found out about through google are as follows:
Nexuiz, Tremulous, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Urban Terror.Any other games which you think are much much better than these,feel free to mention.As i have mentioned i do not have the time to go and read the reviews of all of them and compare them so i need you all to make it easier for me by recommending a game,i am not going to get all of them of course by the way.

Old 16-12-2009

Re: Please help me select a Linux FPS game

So many options to choose from really,its not a limited range or so you seem to think.But ill give it a shot anyways to try and put this in a capsule.Nexuiz is probably one of the best for deathmatch fun that is one who dies first loses the match.Urban terror is good if you want round based survival but realistic weaponry.It all comes down to what kind of action your brother wants.Savage 2 is a game i would recommend to you away from all these games but it needs a premium account which of course means you will have to pay up but it is well worth it i assure you.
Old 16-12-2009

If you run Ubuntu, urban terror is a really fun game to play because you can get additional packages for it from the internet.If you want more complex objective based games try Quakewars.I would personally recommend you to get urban terror since its what i played the most and is a personal favorite.Out and away from the options you gave i would suggest Savage 2.Urban terror is more like counterstrike which means even you can play it easily,so go for it.
Old 16-12-2009

Nexuiz is easily the best FPS games if your brother likes quick games.Urban terror as far as i have experienced,does not have enough good players to play against.Nexuiz is definitely up there when it comes to gameplay and level designs.Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is more of a team game and is definitely good as well but not as much as Nexuiz in my opinion.Keep player base in mind when you decide to get a game.Nexuiz is the best when you wish to have some deathmatch action.
Old 16-12-2009

Savage 2 is a better option than all these in my opinion.Get a premium account to go with it and you are set.You can also play it for free without a problem.Premium account will give you some additional features like more item slots and stats on the website.This game also involves a lot of other skills and 3rd person combat because of things like melee weapons.Enemy Territory has a good windows and mac players base so you dont need to worry about that and plays more smoothly as well.Toss a coin and decide between these 2,good luck.

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 16-12-2009

Well looking at this thread helped me out too guys.I was looking for a decent game and decided to go for savage 2 since most of the people on a linux operating system seem to opt for that.I have enjoyed the free version and plan to get a premium account to access the additional features on their website too.i would give this game a thumbs up,for anyone else planning to try this, you wont be disappointed for sure.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,