Thread: Fast Forwarding by Media Center Xbox 360 Extender

Fast Forwarding by Media Center Xbox 360 Extender

Please Help!! I am a game freak!! I have connected my xbox 360 to my computer with the xbox extender. Actually i am using a Wireless N USB adapter on my Media Center computer. Previously i was using the windows vista and now i have upgraded my computer with windows 7. Now whenever i try to fast forward then it takes so much of time to do it some around 15 to 20 seconds to just fast forward by some seconds. And it was very much fast and responsive with the vista.
    Last edited by Sandy22; 15-12-2009 at 05:32 AM.

Weak signal of Wireless USB Adaptor.

I would like to ask you something about your gadgets. Since when you are using this adapter ? Because wireless adapters are bit delicate devices. So it might happen that your adapter would be giving weak signals due to some mistake in its hardware itself. I would suggest you to connect your adapter to some other computer and check whether it gives the same type of signals or not.

Firewalls disturbing the Windows Media Center network.

The extender you are using will use network ports to connect to your computer. Now your computer may be using some other network also. If your xbox 360 is replying slowly then there could be a role played by your home networks firewall behind the whole scene. So i would say to check for some other networks working on your computer. you need to be configure the firewall running on your computer.

Other Programs uses cpu time.

First of all check that how much programs are running behind the scene. Because after all for gaming also it uses memory. If memory is very much busy then it might happen that your program runs bit slower then your expectation. Even if you can not see any programs running on your task bar, Have a look about running processes into task manager. This could also be the reason behind slow working of your game.

Test your connection by Network Performance Tuner.

I can not directly point to the problem that you are facing. Because there might be several reasons behind slow working of xbox 360 extender. I recommend you to test your connection by using the Network Performance Tuner. Follow these steps to do the same.
    1. Start the Media Center Extender device.
    2. On the home screen of the Media Center Extender, go to Tasks and select tune network for tuning the network.
    3. Do the operations as given in the Network Performance Tuner to determine about enough available bandwidth.

Use Wireless N or 100MB LAN Cable for fast responces.

Well Actually you have not provided us the perfect specifications about your wireless network. As if you are using the Wireless B or G then you have to suffer from the fact that they are not enough fast for working with the Media Center Extender. It is better if you use the 100MB LAN Cable or Wireless N because these are anytime faster then the wireless B or G.