Thread: Modern Warfare 2 error while playing

Modern Warfare 2 error while playing

When I start the Modern Warfare 2 game it seems to work properly. After approximate 15 minutes the message pops up stating that "Modern warfare 2 does not work anymore". This also happens when I try to save game even after few minutes. When the message pops up I have to close it. So I am getting fed up of this error. I am video card good enough (NVIDIA GFORCE 512MB). My operating system is Windows Vista. Can some one help me out.!?!
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: Modern Warfare 2 error while playing

I was having the same issue but luckily I got the solution for that..
    Many times the Zone files are likely to give error due to corrupt game files or the improper installation. By going to the Steam Client you can check the integrity of the game. After going to the Steam Client, do a right click and then select the properties. Then click on local files tab followed by click on "Verify integrity of game cache". This is done for single player as well as multiplayer game modes.

The graphic card that you have mentioned is enough for this game. Even I am having this game but operating system is Windows XP. It is working perfectly in my PC. Also check that you have enough RAM. Because in Vista it requires more RAM. If you are having enough RAM then try to change your OS. Many times there is compatibility issues with the Vista. Try installing the XP and then check. I am sure that it will work flawlessly.

If clicking on "Verify integrity of game cache" is not solving your issue then try to install that game on some other PC having OS as XP. If it works fine then you need to change your OS. If the game is not working even in other PC then there are some files missing on your CD (setup). By doing this you will come to know where the exact problem is residing. Solve that accordingly. (Also check the requirements of that game in Vista)