Thread: Game compatibility issues with Windows 7

Game compatibility issues with Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 on my system last week. I am very much fond of Games. I have successfully installed four games in my system. When I open the game, it appears in half screen. Does full mode is not supported by Windows 7 ?? Also my mouse click is not on the game screen. When the box of game appears, it appears in half screen and the remaining screen is blank. Is there any compatibility issue of screen resolution or games in Windows 7.?? Need Help.

Re: Game compatibility issues with Windows 7

I have installed games like Counter-Strike, World of Warcraft, NFS - Carbon, etc. I am facing any issue though I am using Windows 7. Many times the settings are to be done in the game mode. Try to disable by unchecking the box located in preference option. After unchecking the game full screen you will able to play the games in full screen. It will surely work fine. According to me there is no issue in Windows 7 like the Windows Vista had.

I have ran some new games in Windows 7 and luckily I am not facing any problem. You have not mentioned the game that is not working. Please mention the game so that we can check the compatibility of that game. Mostly the games working on Windows XP are running smoothly on Windows 7. Since the Windows 7 is Beta version of OS, there are some problems but they can be solved.

There are some issues on the Windows 7 whose built is before 7122. The latest built is 7122, in which majority of game issues has been solved. You can also change the compatibility mode of Windows XP on all games. It will also work properly with Windows 7. Even your screen problem can be resolved by this process. Also check the Game Requirement before installing it. Post the games that are not working.

i have installed windows 7 ulimate on my pc. pc configurations- 2gb ram , ati 4350hd 1gb graphic card ,intel core 2 duo
    but the game is not running on my pc like just cause 2 , nfs shift always showing errors some file corrupt
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

As you are getting files corrupt error message it indicates that there is something wrong with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. Uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys related to the game from the computer. Reboot the system and then install the game again. See if it works. You can also try and install the game using some other installation disk as the disk from which you have installed the game can also be corrupt.

I have just purchased a new computer that runs of windows 7, I am very fond of my video games and are having trouble with them :/ Lord Of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2 will not work, it freezes (Not Responding) just after the startup, whilst the game logo is visable. I have searched around the internet and somebody had the same problem but with Vista, so I guess my problem is with windows 7 P.S. The game is ment for Windows XP
    Please Help meeeee................

Hello there, inorder to solve the incompatibility issues that you are facing with the particular game, try to run it in the compatibility mode. This can be done with the help of the option of "troubleshoot compatibility", that is present when you right-click on the icon of the particular game. Just use the recommended settings that are provided there by the system.

ohmy Re: Game compatibility issues with Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil6 View Post
    I have ran some new games in Windows 7 and luckily I am not facing any problem. You have not mentioned the game that is not working. Please mention the game so that we can check the compatibility of that game. Mostly the games working on Windows XP are running smoothly on Windows 7. Since the Windows 7 is Beta version of OS, there are some problems but they can be solved.
    Yaar the Games like NFS MOST WANTED, Cricket 08,MOTOGP2, and many more are not working in FULLSCREEN with WIN7 so plz help me out!!!!
    Last edited by chandumatrix; 29-05-2010 at 10:26 AM.

First of make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your Windows 7 system. If you have dont have download it from .NET Framework 2.0..

Now try to play the games, if it is still not in full screen than minimize the game and open Task Manager, click on Applications, locate the game and right click, select processes, again right click and select Open set affinity. Here make sure you have selected only one CPU. Disable all others and now play the game.