Thread: The application failed to start because libvorbisfile.dll was not found

The application failed to start because libvorbisfile.dll was not found

Hello,

Today, I wanted to compile Fall out 3 client from official Sources in Windows Visa Ultimate 32 bit with Visual Studio, but it bleats after the start of Fall out 3 Console: The application failed to start because libvorbisfile.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. what is that? How can I fix this problem?

Re: The application failed to start because libvorbisfile.dll was not found

Either you copy by hand the missing DLL file into the correct folder and registering them in windows or re-install your program again so that the DLLs are complete. Then everything would work again.

I do not know what your problem, but Vista will not let you change your program files once they are installed so installing the GECK Fallout 3 to the folder you probably will not work unless you enable administrative privileges for the program file and see if it works.

Check that you have installed the Gecko in the same directory as the installation of retail for Fallout 3. The file must have been created in the sub a \ Application Data directory in the directory. This is where the pitcher for data files. In Vista, if not running as administrator, the data file may have been created in a directory of shade (with a name like "\Users\Me\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3\Data "), which is visible to the GECK but not for the pitcher Fallout3. You can avoid this GECK is running as an administrator or by changing the user permissions for the directory Fallout 3 ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by avit View Post
    Hello,

Today, I wanted to compile Fall out 3 client from official Sources in Windows Visa Ultimate 32 bit with Visual Studio, but it bleats after the start of Fall out 3 Console: The application failed to start because libvorbisfile.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. what is that? How can I fix this problem?
    When you install G.E.C.K it makes its own Fallout 3 file folder in your Programfiles86 on your C: drive just move the files in that folder over to the steam file locations of your Fallout NV so it would go like this >>> Install the program, go in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3. Copy those files in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas. and it will work. Im using win7 64bit so it could be different for other windows. No need to DL the .Dll file