Thread: "out of range" error message on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

"out of range" error message on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Hi,
    I have just got Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 from my friend. I installed it in my computer and when I tried to run the game I get an error message stating that "Out of range".As per my knowledge this message is may be coming from my monitor.Can any body tell me how to overcome this.
    Thank you.

Re: "out of range" error message on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

This error message comes when your monitor can not handle a Screen refresh rate.Rather than viewing wrong output, monitor close itself for protection purpose.You have to done some setting in safe mode to overcome this problem.
    Just try following steps:
    Reboot your computer in safe mode ->switch from user account to problem account -> right click on blank desktop -> then click on properties option -> then click on settings tab -> go to the Advanced button -> click on Monitor tab ->select following option "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" -> click on different Screen refresh rate -> then click on Apply button -> click on Ok.

Have you get this error message only for Rollercoaster Tycoon 3? Try to play another game and check whether you get error or not. If you still have the same problem then try to play that game in different resolution of your computer or try to play in less resolution. If you are using any video card then make some changes in your video card setting that you can find in control panel.
    I think this will help you.

This error message comes when your game resolution is accidentally set to higher resolution than what your monitor can support.It is like your monitor has 1024*768 resolution and game has set resolution to 1600*1200. So I advised you to change your game resolution setting as per your monitor.
    I think this will help you.