Thread: System configuration for Resident Evil 5

System configuration for Resident Evil 5

I am going to install Resident Evil 5 on my desktop computer. I am using Windows XP operating system and my processor is Intel Dual Core. My desktop is supported by 1giga bytes of DDR2 RAM. I have plugged in a Hard-disk of 80giga bytes. I have a Intel Mother board which provides me with 256MB of Graphical support. I do not have any external graphical card. What are the up gradation that I need to do to play Resident Evil 5 on my desktop?

Re: System configuration for Resident Evil 5

If you are not going to up-grade your operating system then the minimum system requirements for Windows XP are:
    • Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 or Intel Pentium D Processor.
    • Hard drive space: 8 GB.
    • Graphics Card: VRAM (256MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro / Nvidia geforce 6800 series.
    • RAM: Minimum of 512 MB for Windows XP.
    • Web connectivity: Broadband Connection.
    • Disc drive: DVD9 compatible disk-drive.
    • Interface: Keyboard & Mouse.

My suggestion for you will be switch from Windows XP to Windows Vista or Windows 7, the reason being that Resident Evil 5 is recommended for Windows Vista and Windows 7 than for Windows XP though it can also be installed for Windows XP, and also it is said thatMicrosoft is going to halt the support for Windows XP from coming December. Also check whether your motherboard supports a graphic card or not. Install a minimum of 512 MB or 1 GB external graphic card to enhance your gaming experience.

I had to upgrade a lot of my system configuration to host Resident Evil 5 and some other games. The system requirements are provided with the Disc that you would purchase. Windows Vista is the recommended operating system rather than Windows XP. It will require a 2 GB of memory for Windows Vista. For your processor it is recommended to use an Intel Core 2 Quad series processor or AMD Phenom X4 or better. This game is having a really well designed graphics and to enjoy those you need to use a video card of 512 mega-bytes. If you are purchasing a new graphic card then purchase the nVidia geForce 9800 series or ATI Radeon HD 4800 series. Resident Evil 5 will consume 8GB of hard disk space. For your sound card use a DirectX 9.0c or higher compatible audio hardware. It will need a broadband internet connectivity.
    Last edited by Mr. Boo Bear; 25-11-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever