Thread: Unable to install Call of duty 4 on Compaq Desktop

Unable to install Call of duty 4 on Compaq Desktop

I am not able to install Call of Duty 4 on my Compaq Presario CQ3020IL. I had bought the Call of Duty 4 game CDs from my brother. I had copied the game on my desktop computer. It had 2 CDs and I had copied the contents to a folder in my D drive named Call of Duty. But when I open and click on it to install it states a message as 'Please insert Disk 2 into hardware'. I had copied all the data from the 2 CDs. So where is the issue ?
    Last edited by Jarini; 19-11-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Re: Unable to install Call of duty 4 on Compaq Desktop

It seems you might have not copied it properly on your desktop. Delete the existing folder completely from your Compaq Presario desktop. Re-install the game properly. Try to install any other game and check whether the same message is displayed again or not. If so then might be there is some kind of problem with the Disk drive. Because Call of Duty 4 doesnot requires a CD to play but needs online activation via Steam.

The game doesnot requires a Disk to play, but it does requires a two Disks to complete installation. You cannot install the game by first copying its files from Disks and then going for installation. Get those 2 Disks of the Call of Duty 4 game and install the game using them on your system. After that you can play it without any Disk.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There some games which can be played by ripping the Original CDs into ISO files with .iso extention. Same can be done for Call of Duty 4. Once you have ripped the CDs to .iso files you need an emulator to play those games. This emulator will act as a disc drive with the help of the .iso file(i.e ISO image). Thus you can play the game without any CD.

Hi, I am trying to install CoD 4. When I put in my CD, it only ask me to uninstall or play. This is kind of weird because it is not installed on my pc. I have uninstalled it once, but can't install now..
    Why doesn't it ask me to install again?

You can not copy install disc to your pc! you have to install the game! you can create ISO,s or Nero Images and use DEAMON TOOLS to install via ISO/images! but if you have the disc there is no reason for this, unless you back up your disc,s to a HARDDRIVE which I do! the games will install twice as fast from a ISO from another HD, then from DVD,s!

I make "no install version,s " of all games! For COD 4 just copy the CAll of duty 4 folder from your brothers pc it should be 6.33 gig
    then just copy it to your pc any where,
    I put all my games on my DRIVE D so I can just reformat drive C and never loose any of my games or Progys!

U will need to install latest version of "dx 9" and "physx"

I also keep them on drive d so I can quickly install!

Then you will need the "NO DVD CRACK " to play the game
    you can get it from "game copy world" Just put it in your "data" folder copy over the original and GAME ON!
    Last edited by RMJ; 04-04-2010 at 08:00 PM.

U NEED TO DELETE THE FOLDER FROM YOUR program FILE! THEN U CAN REINSTALL THE GAME

THIS GAME IS ON dvd NOT CD