Thread: ARMA II running slow on Windows XP

ARMA II running slow on Windows XP

I have just bought the new ARMA II computer game. I installed it on my computer. Initially I think it was running well but now I get the feeling it is running quite slowly also sometimes it gets hanged or some objects are not properly visible. I am using Intel Dual Core processor and my Operating System is Windows XP Serveice Pack2. What can be the cause for this ?

Re: ARMA II running slow on Windows XP

Probably your not having the graphical support required for the ARMA II it seems. The mimimum graphics requirement are Graphics card that has 256 MB-VRam alongwith Shader Model 3.0 support. Install the recommemded graphic card configuration. This is the reason you are not able to view some of the objects clearly. This is not due to Windows XP, as Windows XP does fall under the minimum system requirements for ARMA II.

I also faced a similar kind of problem when I installed GTA 4 on my machine. I had Intel Pentium 4 with only some 64MB of onboard graphic support, 256MB RAM and using Windows XP. I was not able to view properly as the screen used to go blurred. I also believed that Windows was responsible for it. But later on I learnt that I needed to upgrade my RAM and install a Graphic Card. It seems the same in your case. Installing a Nvidia 256MB Graphic Card might solve it for you.

Here are the system requirements of ARMA II for Windows Platform:
    It requires minimum Windows XP though Windows Vista is recommended. A Dual Core- Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo processor is the minimum requirement but for better performance Intel Quad Core CPU is suggested. 1GB of RAM is minimum requirement. For better performance add 2GB. For GPU add Nvidia GeForce 7800 with Shader model 3 and 256 VRAM. You can also add up Nvidia GeFroce 8800 for much better output.