| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Not able to set up Xbox as a Media Center Extender
To manually configure or verify the configuration of Personal Firewall Plus, follow these instructions:
- Click Start, click All Programs, point to McAfee, and then click McAfee Personal Firewall Plus.
- On the left side of the window, click Internet Applications. A list of applications and their permissions for accessing local networks and the Internet are displayed.
- Make sure that the following applications are included in the list of applications:
- Media Center (Ehshell.exe)
- MCRD Device Service (Mcrdsvc.exe)
- Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (Svchost.exe)
- Media Center Extender Tuning Wizard (Mcxnettw.exe)
- MCRMgr (Mcrmgr.exe)
- Media Center Extensibility Host (Ehexthost.exe)
- If any of these applications are not included in the list, click New Allowed Application, locate the c:\WINDOWS\ehome folder (or the c:\WINDOWS\system32 folder if the Svchost.exe file is not included), and then select the application’s file name. Repeat this step for each application that does not appear in the list.
- In the Permissions column for each application listed in step 3, make sure that Allow Full Access is displayed. If not, select the application in the list, and then click Allow Full Access under Change Permission To in the lower right-hand corner of the window.
Thats it... Now your firewall is configured to allow your Media Center Extender to connect to your Media Center PC.