Thread: Game Error "Microsoft XML 4.0 is required"

Game Error "Microsoft XML 4.0 is required"

last week i have installed a Microsoft game Age of Mythology on my Windows Vista computer. I even played it last 3 to 4 days, and it was working fine. To day while playing the same game, suddenly the game crashed and hanged up. When i try to run it again after rebooting the machine, it gave me an error "Microsoft XML 4.0 is required. " I have never seen this error before any time. What is Microsoft XML ? Also make me know how to fix this error ? Thanks and help appreciated..

Re: Game Error "Microsoft XML 4.0 is required"

As stated in error, your system might be missing the Microsoft XML file. To run the Age of Mythology game properly, you must have Microsoft XML 4.0 installed on your system. You can download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 from this link and install it in your system. MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a complete replacement of MSXML 4.0 and MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1). MSXML 4.0 SP2 provides a number of security and bug fixes. For more information about MSXML 4.0 SP2 see the release notes.

MSXML 4.0 SP2 does not replace MSXML 3.0 because some obsolete and non-conformant features are no longer supported. You may run MSXML 4.0 and MSXML 3.0 and earlier versions concurrently.

In order to fix this kind of error with any of the Microsoft Games, download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 from Microsoft website and install it. Here is how to Extract and register the downloaded XML files:-

Double-click the Mxmlcab.exe file that you download in method 3.
    When you are prompted, select the desktop as the location for the extracted file. Then, click OK.
    On the desktop, right-click the Msxml4 file, and then extract the new files to the desktop.
    Copy the four files that are extracted in step 3 to the following folder:
    <drive>:\Windows\System 32

Now to register the files, Click Start > Run > type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll, and then click OK. You will receive a message like this
    DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded.
    Now click Ok. Thats it!!!

You can also install Microsoft XML 4.0 from the Age of Mythology game CD as well. To do so, you need to press and hold down the SHIFT key while you insert disk 2.Right-click the CD drive, and then click Explore. Now double-click the MSXML folder in the root folder of the CD and then double-click the Msxmlenu.msi file. Now simply follow the instructions to complete the installation process. Thats it.. You might be done now...

Thanks for all your quick and valuable help, friends. I simply downloaded and installed Microsoft XML 4.0 from the link you have given and now my game is working fine. There is no more crash and errors. That really worked for me... I appreciate your help. Keep it up !!!