Thread: Games hangs on Nintendo DSi while playing

Games hangs on Nintendo DSi while playing

I am having a Nintendo DSi gaming console at my home which is now 1 year old and is no more under warranty. Anyways, it was working fine till now but from last couple of days, whenever i am trying to play a game on the console, game starts and after few minutes it just get hang or freeze and the console stops responding. Also i can see some black lines on the screen during this process. Do any one of you have any idea about this kind of issue with Nintendo DSi. Please help me and let me know some troubleshoot for the same .

Re: Games hangs on Nintendo DSi while playing

Hanging or freezing of a game while playing can be the cause of the battery, i think. Make sure the Nintendo DSi battery pack is charged - the power indicator LED will light green. If the power indicator LED does not light green, plug the system directly into a wall outlet using the AC adapter (included) to charge the battery.

Also let me know that the problem is only with a particular game or with all of the games that you are trying. If it is with just a single game than i think the game is quite old or so... Try some another game and do let me know the result...

Thanks for the quick reply, friend.. I just checked my system and found that the power indicator LED is green. That means that the battery is charged enough. Also i tried some more games but still the same problem. So i don't think it might be the game's problem. Also let me know the solution for black lines on the screen.

I am not sure about this issue but if the problem occurs with all games, the Nintendo DSi will need to be returned to us for repair or replacement. If the problem only occurs with one game and only on your Nintendo DSi system, both the Nintendo DSi and the game will need to be returned to us for repair or replacement.

And if the Black lines on the screen only occurs with a certain game try testing the game with a different Nintendo DS system if possible. The exact cost of the repair can be found in the relevant repair price list, together with detailed information on the procedure for obtaining a repair.

Try disconnecting the power cord and put it back in again. Also make sure you only use licensed accessories because unlicensed products and accessories do not undergo to an Nintendo's testing and evaluation. They can not work at all with your game systems, and they may create compatibility issues with certain games or accessories you have have.