Thread: DirectX error message when starting Flight Simulator game on Vista

DirectX error message when starting Flight Simulator game on Vista

I am a Windows Vista user. Yesterday, my younger brother has installed a Microsoft game Flight Simulator on my Vista computer that already have some more Microsoft games installed. When we tried to run the Flight Simulator, my system gives me DirectX error message saying, "One of the DirectX files was not found." While all other games run fine on the same system. I tried working around to fix the problem but unable to do so. Hope you guys can help me out of this ? Thanks in advance...

Re: DirectX error message when starting Flight Simulator game on Vista

Many users face this kind of problem while playing the Microsoft games and that is because the version of Microsoft DirectX installed on your computer is incompatible Or many times it is compatible but still the error occurs. So i'll suggest you to to download and install the updated DirectX on your system. Or else reinstall your DirectX. Hope this will help you for sure. Do let me know the result.

In order to fix this error with any of the Microsoft Games, download and install the latest version of DirectX End-User Runtimes Web Installer in Safe Mode with Networking. Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio.

The Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX — the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

The DirectX end-user installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components. The DirectX runtime cannot be uninstalled. We recommend Windows Me and Windows XP users turn on a "System Restore" point before installing.The DirectX Redist is recommended for those users that do not have internet connection during installation or need to reinstall the DirectX 9.0c core runtime

Try reinstalling DirectX in safe mode. Better is to copy DirectX from the game CD and install DirectX. To do so:-

1. Insert the game CD in your computer's CD drive or DVD drive.
    2. Hold down the SHIFT key when you insert the game CD to prevent the installation from starting automatically.
    3. Open My Computer. To do this, do one of the following:
      • On a computer that is running Windows Vista, click Start , type Computer in the Start Search box, and then click Computer in the Programs list.
      • On a computer that is running Windows XP, double-click My Computer on the desktop.
    4. Right-click the icon for your CD drive or DVD drive, and then click Open.
    5. Right-click the DirectX folder, and then click Copy.
    6. Close all the windows that are open on the desktop.
    7. Right-click a blank space on the desktop, and then click Paste.