Thread: Black screen while playing Halo 2 on Windows Vista

Black screen while playing Halo 2 on Windows Vista

Hi, I am a Windows Vista user and am need of some urgent help from you all guys regarding the Microsoft game Halo 2. This is the first time i installed any game on my personal Computer with Vista OS. It installed fine, but when i am running the game, after few seconds my screen turns to black and there is no more response until i exit the game form the Task Manager.

Do any of you faced this issue ? I guess my system requirements are not meeting with the game. Could you guys help me out in this case, please ? Thanks for all your kindness ...

Re: Black screen while playing Halo 2 on Windows Vista

Black screen while playing games can be the graphics issue for sure. I'll suggest you to download and then install the latest video card driver. The latest driver for your video card can enable more efficient use of your video card features to improve the performance of the game. Generally, companies release their drivers regularly for the cards to keep up the pace with the ever-changing software technologies.

To see whether applicable driver updates are available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Windows Update in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    • Click Check for updates.
    • After the scan is complete, click View available updates.
    • Select the update that you want to install, and then click Install.

Halo 2 for Windows Vista requires a personal computer that meets the following minimum requirements. Just go through this:-

Operating system: Windows Vista
    Computer processor: 2.0 gigahertz (GHz)
    Memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) or random access memory (RAM)
    Hard disk space: 7 GB of available hard disk space. The dedicated server and the map editor require more hard disk space.
    Video card: ATI X700 or Nvidia 6100 display adapter with 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM
    DVD drive: 32x speed
    Sound: Sound card, speakers, or headset
    Supported controls: Keyboard and mouse or compatible game controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows)
    Internet connection for online play: Network adapter for LAN multiplayer gameplay

To download and install the latest drivers, contact the computer or video hardware manufacturer. To determine whether your computer meets the minimum system requirements, use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe). To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool in Windows Vista, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

• If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

• Note the values for Processor and for Memory.

• Click the Display tab.

• Under Device, note the values for Name and for Approx. Total Memory of the video card.

Halo 2 for Windows Vista is designed for computers that run Windows Vista with an overall Windows Experience Index score of 3 or higher. It is recommended a Windows Experience Index score of 5. To start the Performance Information and Tools utility in Windows Vista, follow these steps:

Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search box, and then pres ENTER.

Click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list to view the Windows Experience Index score.