Thread: Not able to sign in to Games for Windows LIVE

Not able to sign in to Games for Windows LIVE

Hi, i have a short query here regarding Games for Windows – LIVE. This is the first time i am trying to connect to Games for Windows live. Whenever i am trying to log in with my Windows Live Id, it gives me an error saying "Can't connect to LIVE." I am sure my Id and password is correct. Any suggestions regarding the same? Thanks in advance.

Re: Not able to sign in to Games for Windows LIVE

I don't think the ID and Password are related to this error. Most probably the cause for this error may be the network problem. To resolve this issue, verify that the computer is connected to the Internet. If internet connection is fine than a firewall may be preventing the connection to Games for Windows LIVE.

There are some Ports that you must open in Microsoft Windows Firewall to play a Games for Windows LIVE game. To configure those ports, just follow these steps:-

• On Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type wscui.cpl, and then click OK.
    • On Windows Vista, click Start, type wscui.cpl, and then press ENTER.
    • Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the Exceptions tab, locate the game in the Program and Services list. Click to select the check box to enable that game to connect through the firewall.
    • Click OK three times

I think you need to reinstall the latest LIVE update. To do so, pen a Web browser, and then download the latest Games for Windows – LIVE update.Save the update file to the desktop. Restart the computer so that all the processes are closed. Open Windows, and then double-click the Games for Windows – LIVE update that you downloaded. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the installation. Restart the computer if you are prompted.
    Start the Games for Windows – LIVE game, and then connect to the LIVE service.

Can't connect to LIVE error message means that your LIVE membership information is not valid. That means the profile that you are using does not contain the correct user information to sign in to Games for Windows LIVE. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. If your profile automatically signs in, click the name of your gamer card, and then click Disable Auto Sign-In.
    2. Sign out from your profile.
    3. Click Sign In.
    4. Click Sign in with Another Account.
    5. Sign in by using your current Windows Live ID and password.