Thread: Xbox Error "E71. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support."

Xbox Error "E71. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support."

Hi mates, i need some urgent help from you all guys. I am having a Xbox console that is now almost 4 months old. Yesterday, i done a auto update and after that when i tried to restart my console, it gave me error message saying,"E71. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support."

I dont know what that means. I also noticed that the lower-right quadrant of the Ring of Light flashes red, which i have never seen before. Could you guys please help me out in fixing this ? Help appreciated.

Re: Xbox Error "E71. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support."

This problem typically means there is a hardware error in your Xbox 360 console. If one red light is flashing and you receive a different error message or error code than those that were described previously or you don’t receive an error message or code, your console may be experiencing a different issue.

• Try the following steps to resolve the problem:-
    • Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
    • Remove the Hard Drive.
    • Reattach the Hard Drive.
    • Turn on your Xbox 360 console.

There might be many causes for the said problem. But anyways, lets have some troubleshooting:-

• Turn off the console. Disconnect and then reconnect all the cables. Turn on the console again.
    • If you have an Xbox Memory Unit (MU) inserted into the console, follow these steps:-
      • Turn off the console, and then remove the MU.
      • Turn on the console again to determine whether you still receive the error message.
      • If you do not receive the error message, turn off the console, and then reinsert the MU. Turn on the console again.You may have to try this procedure more than one time to verify that you receive the error message only when you insert the MU.

Thanks for the quick help mates... I'll try the steps mentioned in the above replies. But i would appreciate more if you guys make me know how to remove Xbox 360 Hard Drive as mentioned by Mario2... Please help..

To remove your Xbox 360 Hard Drive, just go through these steps:-
    1. Turn off your console.
    2. Press the release tab on the front of the HDD, and then lift the unit from the console.

Now in oreder to attache it back:-
    1. Turn off your console.
    2. Remove the HDD bay cover from your console.
    3. Position the HDD over the HDD bay with the narrow end (the front) pointed toward the front of the console and the broad end (the back) pointed toward the back of the console.
    4. Position the back of the HDD against the back of the HDD bay. Make sure that the ridge along the back of the HDD rests underneath the lip on the back of the HDD bay.
    5. Push the front end of the HDD down until the tab clicks.

Thats it !!