Thread: Error "Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE" while connecting to Xbox Live

Error "Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE" while connecting to Xbox Live

Hi, i am new to Xbox 360 and need some urgent help from you all guys. Last week my family bought a new Xbox 360 console. Whenever i am trying to connect to Xbox Live my device gives an error message saying, "Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. Check storage device or Internet connection."

I am not able to get the cause of this error. Could you guys please let me know how can i fix this problem ? Thanks for all your help.

Re: Error "Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE" while connecting to Xbox Live

Many users get this error message when they try to connect Xbox Live. But unfortunately there is no self-help resolutions for this problem. It also give error saying "Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. Check storage device or Internet connection. 80150003:0". If your Xbox 360 console exhibits any of these specific problems, the only thing you can do is to contact Xbox Support. If you prefer to send a quick e-mail message to Microsoft to ask for help with an Xbox-related problem, just click this link and send us an e-mail message over the Web.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful topic. I am also in need of some similar help. Actually i am able to connect to Xbox live but when i try to sign in, it gives me error saying that "Some profiles could not be signed into Xbox LIVE. There may be network problems." Do you guys have any solution for the same ? Help appreciated.

Most probably this error occurs when the account that you are trying to sign in to is not valid because the account has been recovered on a different Xbox 360 console. Also might be coz the IP address could not be obtained from your Internet service provider (ISP), from a network device (for example, from an Internet router), or from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.

In rare cases, an “IP Failed” error can be generated by a faulty Ethernet cable. If standard troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, try a different Ethernet cable that is "known to be good" if possible.

If you are using a direct connection between the console and your modem and your ISP provides a dynamic IP address (typical of most ISPs), you can configure the network settings in the console to automatically detect the IP address. To do this:
    • Move to the System area.
    • Select Network Settings.
    • Select Edit Settings.
    • Select IP Settings
    • Select or verify console is set to Automatic.