Thread: Cant play games in ubuntu

Cant play games in ubuntu

Hello,

I am not able to start games in Ubuntu when I try to start a game it absolutely does nothing , Can you help me and tell me how can i play the games in ubuntu ? Otherwise what command should I enter the terminal to install the graphics card? i think my graphics card is not detected , please help me , Thank you in advance

Re: Cant play games in ubuntu

Games is for Linux or Windows? What is the model of graphics card? , If this games is for windows then you can try using the software Wine , There are a few games that run natively on Linux like Doom 3, UT2004, RTCW etc. For the games that don't run natively on Linux, Wine (http://winehq.org) is an option, but Wine doesn't work with all games. I've heard that WC3 and WoW can run in Wine.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You go to System> Administration> Manager proprietary driver and check for your graphics card. Normally it will automatically find the drivers and install 3D drivers but you must have an Internet connection. also have you installed the Linux in the The virtual machine (The virtual machine as its name implies) runs on a computer-simulated virtual machine host. The disk / RAM / motherboard are simulated. but In VirtualBox, the processor is not simulated,

the software WINE (Wine Is Not an Emulator) allows you to run certain applications (very much actually) windows directly in Linux. Wine allows you to run many Windows programs on Linux. A recent, stable version of Wine is available from the Ubuntu universe software channel if you are using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) or later. It is always recommended that you only install software from the official channels, but you also have the option to install the latest development version from WineHQ's unofficial repository.