Thread: Melee jumping bug in RIFT

Melee jumping bug in RIFT

Not to QQ just speculating if this has been fixed up till now or not, because I at a standstill see people attempting to do it but more hardly ever. On the whole, jumping up and down utilized to (and the question here is if it at a standstill does) make you completely resistant to all melee range attacks when you were in the air. Your attacker would just miss at any time your feet were not on the ground, but the jumper could at a standstill utilize melee abilities and immediate cast ranged abilities to hit you. I hadn't observed anybody doing it for a couple weeks until the past couple days. Asked in /war, somebody told me it was fixed, somebody else told me it wasn't, 7 people had not at all heard of it.

Re: Melee jumping bug in RIFT

Funny thing is while I am playing a Ranger, warriors at a standstill do it as they are approaching me, and it makes no dissimilarity whatsoever as my shots will just miss if they jump behind me. At a standstill it gives me immense satisfaction to accomplish the little stand over the dead body bit pause. It's so dense to see everybody sprinting around in circles around people and jumping up and down. It just demonstrates who is awful at PvP (bunny hoppers and circle runners) and who actually has a hint. I am weary of having to spin in circles to hit people it's just dim, feel like I am playing halo half the time.

All you are saying is that you, who do not perform it, is bad at PvP. You are weary of having to place yourself so you in fact hit somebody? One of the core reasons to "bunny hop" that people aren't stating is to hit key binds when maintaining movement. It's generally those who have their movement keys bound to their arrow keys and don't utilize their mouse who do not comprehend this. It's as well those who have class/soul combos who can one key macro the whole thing that do not too. At a minimum, all of my characters have 38 keys bound, not counting my movement keys.

Jumping on a snare/stun beside a melee is super effectual. Especially while you jump threw somebody who stunned you. He can misplace much time just turning around to get back on hitting you. And if you drop next to a keyboard turner. One thing that piss me off about bunny hopping though is charge, the time it take me to charge the goal, that similar target was bunny hopping and utilized an immediate root (i.e. Pyro) during my charge, resulting in me being wedged there when he is stuck out of my melee range. The dissimilarity is: he's ranged. I am not. And my root last 2 seconds, his last 8 seconds. It's even worst with my warrior as the charge stun while I get on my target.

The shock making people "out of range" who are in range is an insect, the whole thing else is not. This game promoted physics, and it gives you physics. Getting stunned in midair does not prevent your forward momentum; you will persist to move at the present speed till you hit the ground. Jumping could range melee if they are previously near the edge of your range as they are moving up and away by about a meter, just as standing close to the edge of a 3 meter range can let a sort attacker shoot an knack by going outer the 3 meter distance utilize this begin in experts during crap that forces you to stack on tank, as a minimum until CQC is a passive.

I don't notice any trouble with the game having physics. But it is totally wretched to allegedly have physics and have a total lack of player/player and player/NPC collision logic. That should be the initial point which would in fact make people has to think regarding where and how to jump and strafe. Now they are simply relying on transmission insulate to with any luck screw up facing and LoS running back and forth via what should be firm bodies.