Thread: Crysis Error 1335 during installation

Crysis Error 1335 during installation

Hi,

When I installed Crysis, it ended by giving this error message: "Error 1335 : The cabinet file 'Levels2.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package. "

I start the installation from the hard drive, because I don't have a CD. When you unpack the installation files, no errors have occurred. I have Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. What could be the problem ???

Re: Crysis Error 1335 during installation

I think you should try upgrading the memory, motherboard, optical drive and graphics card. I got exactly the same error. I was about to leave when I went ahead and install the drivers for the optical drive (it was the only thing I forgot to install). So try going back and install all new device drivers and make sure the other for the optical drive installed again.

Error 1335 is a generic error. There is no control within the installation application which checks the files installed. If something goes wrong during the verification process (corrupted file), then the error appears. Try again to copy the whole dvd to your harddrive and install from there sometimes that works if it does'nt then return your game to be replaced.

I was getting the same error 1335, what I did was :

1. Restart the computer and try installing again.
    2. Clean the CD-ROM. Use a soft cloth to clean the disk.
    3. Run the local installation by copying the installation files on your local hard drive.
    4. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the location of the installation files. For example, if the installation is on a CD, go to the CD-ROM:
    5. Copy the entire contents of the installation location.
    6. Temporarily paste to a location on your local hard drive. For example, the desktop.
    7. Run the installation file, for example, setup.exe or install.exe.
    8. Install the Windows Installer.
    9. Then try installing the game

I had the same problem installing. It took me two weeks to figure out what the problem was. In my case it was a faulty memory chip. Once i removed it everything worked out fine, the manufacturer even replaced the chip!

My suggestion:
    Try scanning your memory, I used memtest, but I guess there are many ways to do it.

http://www.memtest.org/

Dowload the latest version, burn the ISO and boot from cd/dvd

The error is related to a damaged file. Here is a simple solution you can try and hope this can help you out. First copy the game files in a different computer. Then remove the game and its files completely from your computer. Then take a usb and copy back those files in your computer. Now run it back. If this does not work then you need to get a fresh installation disc for the game.