Thread: There is not enough free disk space to run Steam

There is not enough free disk space to run Steam

Hi,

I just installed Steam under Win Vista Ultimate 32bit and as I run, I get "There is not enough free disk space to run Steam." when I try to restore my Half-Life 2 game data backup. Reboot, retry, same error. Reboot again, and turn steam off after the next reboot, and again, same error. Hope someone can help me with this problem soon.

Re: There is not enough free disk space to run Steam

First download the steam. If the key says it is a duplicate and buy it from a store, or please contact the publisher, if you bought an external site for resale, such as eBay have to resolve with the vendor and the game is tied to your account steam. Once steam is installed and having problems trying to use the CD key (bought in a store in a new box), check the box for the local name of the publisher and Google them. RO has several retail publishers.

Try to defragment your hard disk, if it does not work, do a virus scan using Symantec AntiVirus. This sounds like a generic worm virus, it fills the hard shit that you can not see properly, so you think you have the space, but no. I had the virus a couple of years ago.

To install Half-Life 2, first install steam, it will install the game by itself. You need to update the game with latest updates available, after the game is installed. When you start your Steam client is updated automatically. Then you can start the game. Remember that all your game files must be latest before you run the game. Otherwise the game will not start. The updates are for fixing the game bugs and errors that is failure to load old saved.