Thread: How to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi Server

How to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi Server

Hi,, i used to play Counter Strike 1.6 most of the time on LAN or on my individual PC. One of my colleague has suggested me that i can play CS 1.6 online with Hamachi server. Well, i have installed Hamachi on my PC but don't know how to connect. Could you guys please guide me step by step for playing Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi Server ? Thanks for your kindness.

Re: How to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi Server

Here is the step by step process to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi server. First of make sure that you also have Hamachi on your system and than follow this steps:-

• Turn off or disable your firewall when you play using hamachi. If you are using the Windows firewall, remember to turn it off from the Control Panel.

• If turning off firewall doesn’t work, try setting exceptions for ‘Half Life Launcher’ from within the firewall program.

• Run Hamachi. Click the last button and choose Preferences. Then click Window and check the Show “Advanced…” peer menu item checkbox and click OK.

• For every new player who joins your networks you have to do the following steps:
      • Right click the player’s entry in Hamachi
      • Click Advanced.
      • In the Peer VPN alias box enter the first three parts of your Hamachi IP address (example: 5.46.80) and add the last part of the player’s IP address ( example: .190) so that it makes a new IP address.
      • Click OK and then exit Hamachi. Launch Hamachi again.

• Launch the game. Click Create New Multiplayer Game option and start the game. Other players can connect to you as long as you have set an alias for each of them. Source: suhas-tech.blogspot.com

Download latest version of Hamachi and get it installed on your system. Once done, search for network that is been created for playing CS and join it. You can find these networks on Google or in Orkut as well. The network contains Username and Password that you need to type in for getting joined.

Hamachi is a virtual private network that uses Internet and make you feel when you play in lan. Using Hamachi can we strike not only against but also play age of empires, speed, and require much more.In order to host a CS on Hamachi, run the application and click the last button and choose Preferences. Then click Window and check the Show Advanced… peer menu item checkbox and click OK.

You can also create your own network, Just create your own network and pass the network name and password to your friends, If you want others can join then post it on a social networking site like orkut and facebook. Also you need to buy the commercial version if you want more people to join, as the free version allows only 10 to 15 people per network.

Hello,

I installed the non commercial use of hamachi and there is no such menu as[*]Right click the player’s entry in Hamachi[*]Click Advanced.
    I tried hamachi 2.0.2, 1.0.2.5,1.0.1.3, 1.0.2.1,1.0.3.0.
    Non of these have that menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbotee View Post
    Hello,

I installed the non commercial use of hamachi and there is no such menu as[*]Right click the player’s entry in Hamachi[*]Click Advanced.
    I tried hamachi 2.0.2, 1.0.2.5,1.0.1.3, 1.0.2.1,1.0.3.0.
    Non of these have that menu
    It seems that you have some problem in your computer itself because i was able to use the option to right click on the player's entry in hamachi. Which version of Counter Strike you are play on Hamachi, is it a modded version? Also scan your pc with some good antivirus software and let us know what did you find.

nsontaylo Guest

Start hamachi, then start the game. Then alt + tab and close the Internet connection that hamachi recognized by this Part. Back to the game and you should be able to connect to the server. Download it and make a new network if you do not have one, it is really easy to use and also fun to play with your friends..

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeR-BoY View Post
    Here is the step by step process to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Hamachi server. First of make sure that you also have Hamachi on your system and than follow this steps:-

• Turn off or disable your firewall when you play using hamachi. If you are using the Windows firewall, remember to turn it off from the Control Panel.

• If turning off firewall doesn’t work, try setting exceptions for ‘Half Life Launcher’ from within the firewall program.

• Run Hamachi. Click the last button and choose Preferences. Then click Window and check the Show “Advanced…” peer menu item checkbox and click OK.

• For every new player who joins your networks you have to do the following steps:
      • Right click the player’s entry in Hamachi
      • Click Advanced.
      • In the Peer VPN alias box enter the first three parts of your Hamachi IP address (example: 5.46.80) and add the last part of the player’s IP address ( example: .190) so that it makes a new IP address.
      • Click OK and then exit Hamachi. Launch Hamachi again.

• Launch the game. Click Create New Multiplayer Game option and start the game. Other players can connect to you as long as you have set an alias for each of them. Source: suhas-tech.blogspot.com
    I've been having problems for 5 days and still I didn't play CS with my friends.. I've tried every method on the internet . But this is the first time I heard from you..

So, you in your example you went through the right click on the client name and then advanced button. Then you said the first three parts of the IP of MY HAMATCHI adress should be entered there.. ok I got it.. But here is my question..

As I searched for other method. I need to create an "aliases.txt" file in the Hamachi folder where I set it up... With the method u said to me there will be no need to create an "Aliases.txt" file.. Am I right?