Thread: Constant Tearing/Flashing

unsure Constant Tearing/Flashing

Hey i have a nvidia Geforce 8600 Gt, and i dont understand that i get tearing/flashing in game ( Warcraft 3. The Frozen Throne )...so i decide to force on VSync and Triple Buffering...yet nothing happens! I dont understand it...this game isnt that big on graphics and it happens to my other games ( Halo, CSS, ect..) Please help! i tried letting the driver cool down ( 20 hours the comp is off) yet still nothing....i cleaned out all the dust..
    Here are my Specifications:
    Processor: AMD Athlong 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 1022 MB
    32 Bit Operation System- Windows Vista
    nVidia Geforce 8600 GT

Re: Constant Tearing/Flashing

Clean the dust on your video card. That is your video card overheating. Check CPU usage and kill the unnecessary processes running in the background.

How old i your nvidia Geforce 8600 Gt, Clean your PC it might be problem of dusty on your system .

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-X View Post
    Clean the dust on your video card. That is your video card overheating. Check CPU usage and kill the unnecessary processes running in the background.
    well im not a smart comp wiz but which processes are the unnecessary..and as for the video card cleaning...how should i do that? im scared that i might break a piece... do i just blow it? because i have taken out all the dust in the comp..

I was too facing the similar issue when I was playing Warcraft. The problem my pc was related to OpenGL. I upgraded a new version with drivers and thing are working fine. After reading around several threads and trying many thing I came to conclusion that the main reason behind is a low virtual memory size and inappropriate drivers. Download the latest drivers and increase your Virtual memory size. Put all the latest DirectX9 update. It is due to a slow hardware.

Constant Tearing/Flashing

If you are not a smart comp wiz, then cleaning your video card with a blower will do or else you can even call your computer engineer and tell him that you need to clean your graphic card they will manage to do it properly and they will clean your Video card properly without damaging your graphic card.