Thread: Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter not Working

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter not Working

Hi,
    I am facing a issue while using the wireless adapter of Xbox 360 wireless adapter. The light on the adapter turns to green which symbolize that the network is available but Xbox does not find any network. I am trying this for the first time. So I am a newbie it setting up a wireless network. I just borrowed it from my friend for playing a multiplayer games. I am trying to connect to the network via netgear router. Help me to fix this issue out.

Re: Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter not Working

First connect the wireless adapter to your Xbox 360. Then configure it properly via your pc and check that you are in the coverage area of a wireless network. It is possible that the hardware can be faulty. There are some network adapter which are not compatible with the gaming console. So you will have to also check and see the same. It can be the adapter. Try to connect your Xbox via Ethernet adapter. If the Xbox is working then try to replace the wireless adapter.

There are certain conditions when a Xbox gaming console does not detect any wireless network. Like if there is a long distance between the router and the gaming console. Bring it near to the router and try back again. The wireless router send signal as a SSID form which may need to be disable. You can see those setting in the manual of your router. Many times the Xbox detects some multiple routers and it scans back again to get more access. Due to which you network is not available. Try to assign a name to the wireless network and try to located that one only.

There are many reasons behind this. So it is recommended that first you shows log in to a cable network configure all the settings and then go for a wireless adapter. The power light on the adapter shows you the network status. If the light is green then the network is available. But still if it is not connecting then you Xbox is not properly configured to the router. It is recommended that the distance must be low on distance to get a better signal. Verify properly the wireless access point, gateway or router is properly turned on. Ensure that the broadcasting signal must have a common SSID.