Thread: changing government in empire total war

changing government in empire total war

Does anyone know how do I change government type in Empire: Total War game ? I am at a stage where I am at war and many people are aruguing for reformation and bring a new revolution in the game. So can anyone tell me how to change goverment to a republic reunion without facing the revolution so that my empire wont have to suffer heavy damage?
    Wishlist: Nothing.

Re: changing government in empire total war

Did you check whether the revolution only causes the capital city to only spawn rebels? Any region that is revolting will spawn rebels. The trick is to keep the other regions happy by any means necessary, while making your capitol region rebel. Save your game and see how it ends up. If it's too much chaos, reload and come back and someone might have posted a new suggestion.

You will have to do some research and development on more philosophical technologies until the "clamor for reform" stat gets high in your capitol and leads to alot of unrest. Eventually, without a garrison and with high taxes they will revolt, and you can choose a side in the revolution. Make the lower classes unhappy to create a republic, make the nobility unhappy to create a constitutional monarchy.

In Empire: Total War there are 3 types of government Absolute monarchy, Constitutional Monarchy and Republic. They are a sliding scale of public freedoms, and military control.

As an empire stretches across the map, Absolute monarchies will have a hard time keeping control of territory without providing a garrison in every town, however this provides greater military flexibility with a back up force all over the map. Meanwhile a republic can keeps its people happy just by having an election every few years.

The Spanish flag.
    A constitutional monarchy provides a strange middle ground; you still have a noble class, yet also a middle class. How to change to specific government types

Monarchies and republics act as opposites. First pick which you want. If you want a republic you need to upset your lower class, meanwhile if you want a Monarchy you must upset your upper class. If you are already a monarch but wish to be the alternative type of monarch (constitutional/absolute) you need to upset the upper class to make the switch. It is important to remember you may need to have 2 revolutions to switch from republic to the right type of monarchy you want.

More information here.

I am playing with Prussia and I read many other posts regarding revolution
    My goal is to form constitutional government. Alas every time I have allied with revolution forces it became the republic. At first I bumped up taxes for everyone. After I got 1st republic I tried again but the taxes were high only for nobility. Still Republic again. I even tried with government to be on her side and nothing.
    Plz help,cuz as it is going now I am seriously thinking that there is no constitutional monarchy as government

OK I tried again.
    Removed all of the army from Berlin.
    Removed all buildings that provides happiness.
    Lower the taxes for lower classes and max them for nobility.
    After several turns(in which I received 2 letters from nobility) revolution started. If I sided with government everything is the same it is still absolute monarchy.
    If I sided with rebels it is always and I mean every single time a republic.
    Can someone, PLEASE tell me how to get constitutional monarchy
    I can't even remember how many times have I tried that.
    And for the record, this is highly STUPID way of changing government.

HELP PLZ !!!