Thread: COD4 Modern Warfare Not working in Multiplayer mode

COD4 Modern Warfare Not working in Multiplayer mode

Ok, here is the problem i am having. I have upgraded my system to get call of duty to play smoothly. Since i have done so, my computer will not allow me to play multiplayer. Single player works just fine. when i try to play multiplayer it says "iw3mp.exe has stopped working: A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly" then it says it will close the program and notify me if any fixes are available. and of course there has not been. As i said it used to run when my computer was plain jane. but it was so slow and choppy that i was forced to upgrade. now it runs very well... in single player mode. Does anyone have any fixes? P.s. i have already tried going into the system settings and changing my DEP to let the MP version play and this has had no effect on the problem i am having. I run windows vista. i believe its 32 bit. I have a 3Ghz pentium duo core, 4 gigs of ram, and a GeFORCE 9800 GT Graphics card with 1gb GDDR3 onboard memory and its the Overclocked version. I also upgraded from a 300 watt powersupply to a 400 watt. as i said the single player works fine. but multiplayer will not even load. i have tried numerous uninstalls and reinstalls. Just for the record i have call of duty WoW and my multiplayer works just fine.
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP! Thanks

Re: Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare PC. Multiplayer not workin

The problem is related to the onboard sound card. When you switched to the Multiplayer option the sound file conflict with the game and then it get stopped. You will need to update your sound card driver for the same. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound. Under the list right click on select update drivers. Insert you windows disc or otherwise let windows search online. Go to your motherboard website and download the latest chipset drivers.

Re: COD4 Modern Warfare Not working in Multiplayer mode

i tried updating all of my drivers. it says they are all up to date. any other ideas?

Ok I found something. under my event viewer it says that "This process is doing excessive disk activities and is impacting the performance of windows" that is why windows wont let it play. Can anyone help me? or does windows have a mind of its own?

Check your Event Viewer

• Go to Control Panel
    • then Performance Information and Tools
    • select Advanced Tools
    • select View Performance details in Event log
    • In the left pane search Diagnostics-Performance
    • Select the arrow next to it and select Operational
    • This will list problems

Events in the 400-449 range cover system performance monitoring. Event ID 401 shows processes that Windows using .Event ID 407 shows a process that is using too much memory

If you had discovered the same problem then here are some more tips for your. First turned your firewall off. You can do that from Control Panel Firewall. Same way do for the antivirus. Then try. Otherwise download the latest patch from the internet for your game and install it. The latest patch now available is version 1.5. Then here is a last solution which you can try before re-installing the entire game back again. Just open your My Computer folder and navigate to the following folder. C:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Call of Duty 4\Miles. In this folder look for file mssmp3.msi. Copy it to different location just for a back up. Then go back to folder and rename it to mssmp3.bak. Restart your pc and check back again.