Thread: can you get games off of wii hard drive

can you get games off of wii hard drive

I wanted to know if we can get games off of wii hard drive? If it is possible then how can we get the games that are saved in wii console off to a dvd? What are the procedures done? I want to free some discspace from my wii because most of the games are covering up the whole part of my wii. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
    Live, Love, Die, But
    ···ENjO¥···

Re: can you get games off of wii hard drive

Some guys from Nintendo have said that there is no need to store all your games on your Wii. Here is what they have to say:

"The way that we look at it is, we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive," said NOA PR manager, Eric Walter.

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

There's another way to backup and play your Wii Games from an External Hard Drive . There's a video tutorial explaing the same and using this way you will have enough diskspace on your hard drive for sure.

You can purchase some extra SD cards if your Wii is getting ready to overflow and you're looking for an alternative from Nintendo in the form of a hard drive. With the announcement of WiiWare, Nintendo isn't planning on making a hard drive for the system and expanding their measly 512MBs.