Thread: halo 3 offline co-op

halo 3 offline co-op

I heard that we can only play halo 3 in offline co-op mode only? Why cant we play it on lan like its other series? Isnt there gonna be a multiplayer mode for halo 3 or what? I was hoping to get a hand on this game but as if it can be played only in offline mode than there doesnt seems to be any problem why I shouldnt go for this game? Any comments
    wus up everybody?

Re: halo 3 offline co-op

According to some news and latest issues of EGM, it has been reported that online co-op isn't happening, yet. "We're not dumb," says Bungie's Frank O'Connor. "We know that people want it and we're trying to make it happen. I think the biggest problem for us for online co-op is that we have a situation where you can be in a Warthog with five troops, almost a mile away from the other player. That's a significant challenge. And there's lots of design things you could do to prevent that from happening, but they would make it not feel like Halo anymore. If we can make it happen in a way that works well, we will - and if it works badly, we won't." While a two-player co-op mode has been confirmed for Halo 3 (player two assumes the role of the Arbiter) it looks like it'll be available in LAN or split-screen only as Bungie struggles to get the mode running over Xbox Live.

Me too also playing this game totally in offline and trying to save while playing 2-player co-operative through the Campaign, but it seems like you can't save at all, and only in single player. Can anyone confirm if there's any way to go through the Campaign with 2-players and save?

I also doubt that 4 player co-op cannot be done on the 1 xbox locally. Iit can be done with 2 xbox's linked via system link. You cannot play coop campaign. But you CAN do 4-player deathmatch splitscreen with 1 console offline.