Thread: PS3 SACD Support

PS3 SACD Support

I had a Yamaha HTR-5990 and I was able to play SACDs by means of cable HDMI with my Playstation 3. I have updated to the RX-V1800 and now it cannot obtain from audio SACD. Also, it cannot obtain upconverted frequencies to play 44.1/88.2/176.4. I am confused because the PS3 detects all the formats that must be supported with my amplifier, and that even undressed to the bases 48kHz 2 and 5 channels of exit, and still nothing. I verified the information signal on the menu of my Y amplifier all the information in target. it indicates that it is a signal does not receive or does not recognize the signal? I have of audio using the analogical exit reason why it seems that the PS3 is working in that sense, but the digital information is not perhaps transmitted?

Re: PS3 SACD Support

There is no device that has supported DLNA and SACD and if audio exit of of hi-res of the same were surely not it. It could the future imagine the models to me of PS3 with DLNA of support, but they are asked if they will have reproduction SACD. It has plug-in for WMP DSD for the reproduction, but that the disk format for the company, non SACD.

The bit stream/PCM option is only for the reproduction of DVD or YOU. The CD reproduction only has upconversion options 44.1/88.2/etc and bitmapping the option. Said this, it made me prove both PCM and Bitstream options in the DVD/YOU menu. Am something I needs?

The analogical exit stereo works well for SACD and CD up conversion, but, evidently, does not solve the problem. very amazing and annoying. After to have installed firmware more recent than I had to return to the adjustments from audio so that the support to the greater frequency from audio. This is a configuration different from which you select that you really want to use the highest frequencies.