Thread: Does Xbox 360 remains under warranty after repair

Does Xbox 360 remains under warranty after repair

I am in serious confusion now. I am having a Xbox 360 console which is just 8 months old and have got it repaired from Microsoft last month as there was some problem. It again got broken just the next day i receive it back from Microsoft. So i wanted to know do the Xbox 360 remains under warranty after repair ? Please let me know or i would need to pay some dollars to make it done.

Re: Does Xbox 360 remains under warranty after repair

Usually Microsoft maintains its one-year console warranty (two years in some countries), Microsoft improved the terms of its Xbox 360 warranty to three years for certain general hardware failures by three flashing red lights on the console are listed.

This will apply to new and existing customers and Microsoft will retroactively the cost of out-of-warranty repair by customers for console problems be paid back pay by the three flashing red lights are shown.You may also have an implied warranty and/or condition under the laws of some jurisdictions, which is hereby limited to the duration of the Warranty Period.

Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty or condition lasts, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.

I think yes, Customers who experience hardware issues with their Xbox 360 within one year of purchase can have their consoles repaired at no cost. Moreover, the new warranty policy is retroactive, so consumers who may have already paid for an out-of-warranty Xbox 360 repair within one year of purchase will be eligible for reimbursement of their console repair charges.

Microsoft has also said that if they repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.Customers who have already paid out-of-warranty repair charges within their first year of ownership can expect reimbursement checks for the amount of their console repair in approximately 10 weeks. Reimbursements will be automatically distributed, so customers need not contact Microsoft.