Thread: How to get Oblivion mods

How to get Oblivion mods

How can i get the Oblivion mods, do i need to buy the Oblivion mods? If they are free to download then where to download them ? Please explain me.

Re: How to get Oblivion mods

No you don't need to buy them , they are free to download. Use google to search oblivion mods, you'll find easily.

Bethesda official mods come packaged with an automatic installer that does everything for you. Once you've downloaded the .exe for an official mod, just double-click it to launch and follow the prompts. However, if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, the official mod installer will not work.

Fan-made mods often require a bit more involved process to install, unless they come as a self-installing .exe, in which case you can just double-click it as with the official mods. However, it's fairly rare to find mods that install this easily. It's much more likely that you'll need to install the mod manually by copying files from the mod package (typically a .zip, .7z or .rar file) to the Oblivion\Data directory.

If the mod comes packaged as an .omod file, then the installation process is very easy but requires an extra tool called Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). The .omod format is popular, supports advanced install scriping, and has been widely used for several years, but it's still far less common than standard manual archive formats. The reason for this is that OBMM requires either that that mod package be provided in OMOD format, or that the user convert the original mod archive to an OMOD before installing it.

Source: elderscrolls.com (Official Oblivion_Mods_FAQ)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion mods are not much essential except for horse armour and tomes. Modular oblivion Enhanced are available at planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com, they have many good mods which makes oblivion so much better.