Video Games

Old 29-07-2009

Slow speed for pokemon diamond rom

Hello ,

I have a good pc:
  • Intel Dual Core 4600
  • 2gb corsair ram
  • Nvidia GeForce 8600GT

Here is my problem , When i Try to Emulate the pokemon diamond Game rom on my computer , i get the 6fps Frame Rate,when I can play games like crysis on pc without any problem , why i get this Much low Fps for the Pokemon Game ,Could you give me good necessary bios plugin ,or help me configure the emulator , can you tell me what is the normal speed for pokemon diamond rom, please help Thanks in advance

Old 29-07-2009

Re: Slow speed for pokemon diamond rom

Pcsx2 is an emulator that is still only in beta. the problem can be in the emulator's configuration or then it's a bad ROM dump. The only way this would be the computer hardware's fault is when the video card or its drivers so crappy that it fails to render the graphics properly.
Old 29-07-2009

the emulator is not programmed, the emulation is more related with the performance of your CPU than the graphics card in the frame-rate, I have an AMD 2600 + overclock to 2.3 ghz with a 7600GS graphics card (pixel shader 3.0, Pixel Pipeline 12, vortex 5) , I can hardly get a framerate of 25 on resident evil out break 2,the truth is that emulator cannot compete with the Console
Old 29-07-2009

There is nothing to do with this emulator as it is not yet fully developed. there is exactly NO WAY to speed it up, the Nintendo DS Emulation is still in early devleopment. If you can't simply wait for it, then simply buy a Nintendo DS and Pearl/Diamond when it comes out. You can use no$gba as it the is the best emulator for nds so far to save then game rename no$gba.inp (i think) to firmware.bin
Old 29-07-2009

Your PC is may not be powerful enough ... However, you can set the "Fast" option at the bottom left menu of the config plugin to see video ...

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , ,