Thread: the wii going hd

the wii going hd

I heard from some recent rumors that the Wii is going hd? What does that mean? Does it means that the Wii HD Visualisations or some Wii Hard Drive thingy? Can anyone please elaborate what is this news is all about? Thank you

Re: the wii going hd

According to some news reports, the company may be working on the next version of its blockbuster console, the Wii HD. The new device is likely to plug into the high definition content trend and offer HD visuals for users. It could also have some local storage and a more powerful processor, says the What They Play blog. Wii HD, though, may be a while away, with buzz suggesting it is targeted for a 2011 release.

Source: wired.com

Does anyone know how does the Wii HD looks? According to many users it looks fine on an HDTV. Graphics are nothing like the 360, but for the most part, the games they have played are obviously designed with the capable resolution in mind.

I think the Wii on HDTV graphics should look about the same as on a normal standard definition TV. There MIGHT be an option to re-adjust the TV screen size so it looks smaller and better. My other friend's TV has a thing where you can split it into 2 screens so one person can play video games while the other watches TV (one or the other wouldnt get sound depending on settings) so it should work similar to that if they can resize it on the screen.